British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-off final

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Filler meetings and challenge matches might suit some of the Central Park regulars, but not me. How can you fill a full season of fixtures with four teams is beyond me.

I don't disagree and there needs to be some injection of teams to make it a saleable product, equally top tier racing every week doesn't interest me either. 

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

It’s the talk of the terraces. Planning only allows Monday. Monday’s premiership fixed race nights, Len doesn’t want to keep selling poor fixtures to fans with a watered down nl at the price he’s charging 

Im fairly sure planning allows any night during the week. Len doesn't have a problem with what he charges as he happily jumped the prices again this year with terrible justifications. It might be that he is worried it would be a harder sell with the prices he charges but i would be staggered if he is losing any sleep over the prices he charges the fans.

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't disagree and there needs to be some injection of teams to make it a saleable product, equally top tier racing every week doesn't interest me either. 

Im fairly sure planning allows any night during the week. Len doesn't have a problem with what he charges as he happily jumped the prices again this year with terrible justifications. It might be that he is worried it would be a harder sell with the prices he charges but i would be staggered if he is losing any sleep over the prices he charges the fans.

Donkeys years ago at the Wick, Len was charging top dollar despite having a poor team. Like you say, he won't lose any sleep over it. He'd probably charge £20 if Kent were in the top league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

It’s the talk of the terraces. Planning only allows Monday. Monday’s premiership fixed race nights, Len doesn’t want to keep selling poor fixtures to fans with a watered down nl at the price he’s charging 

Talk of the terraces??? So it must be true! :rolleyes: 

With the prospect of an even smaller NL,you would think next year would be the time to move up.

IF Kent did move up I would of thought it would be Championship (like Easbourne) and not the Premiership.IMHO :D

1 minute ago, blueherb777 said:

With the prospect of an even smaller NL,you would think next year would be the time to move up.

IF Kent did move up I would of thought it would be Championship (like Easbourne) and not the Premiership.IMHO :D

With all the talk of teams moving up and down its looking like one big Championship league only...if the terraces are to be believed. Fortunately watching Charles Wright & Chris Widman racing against each other should bring the fans flocking back

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Kent race Mondays and Monday is PL Day, as things stand

24 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Kent race Mondays and Monday is PL Day, as things stand

But that was the season just gone, everyone knows things can and do change over the winter

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

But that was the season just gone, everyone knows things can and do change over the winter

Exactly, I thought that as I was writing the post and added "as things stand".

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, flipper11 said:

I don't see what the fuss is all about. There are 2 more weeks to get the league play off final completed, with a favourable forecast tomorrow at Leicester & same at Kent on Monday it will be job done in plenty of time. There has been an unusual amount of rain this October but there is still time to complete the remaining 2 matches.

The cut off date to complete league matches if its not extended is middle of September that gives 6 weeks to complete the playoffs, that should be plenty of time. I don't see what bringing forward the cut off would achieve. 

Job not done - the NL KO cup to decide as well!!

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

Job not done - the NL KO cup to decide as well!!

The KO cup has nothing to do with the league & playoff cut off dates. Maybe you should read the posts leading up to my comment!!!

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:17 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

With all the talk of teams moving up and down its looking like one big Championship league only...if the terraces are to be believed. Fortunately watching Charles Wright & Chris Widman racing against each other should bring the fans flocking back

8 team Premiership(for tv rights) & north/south Championship racing home & away twice might be on the cards.

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

With rain forecast for the south east tomorrow, will this meeting ever get run.

After the 1st leg.....does it make any difference? :D

7 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

After the 1st leg.....does it make any difference? :D

Probably not. I was at the first leg to witness a pretty woeful performance from Kent, but i still want to see the 2nd leg. After all, it's going to be a long winter!

Cvs confirmed Kent applied to go premiership guess the terrace talk was correct blue herb

They hot track in good nick today. Rain looks set to stop around 2 ish and then dry all day. Fingers crossed it's on although the weather actually looks quite nice for a few days either side of next monday should it be required. Off to bed now (night worker), hoping to wake up at lunchtime to find it still on.