British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-off final

17 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Fortunately one of the 2 riders I knew had booked a holiday has postponed it. 

See Anders is away and using R/R instead. That's thrown any chance of Kent clawing this back now out the window! The other team members will stand no chance up against Perks and Hume.☹️

4 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

See Anders is away and using R/R instead. That's thrown any chance of Kent clawing this back now out the window! The other team members will stand no chance up against Perks and Hume.☹️

Typical Len, not the first time it's happened this season. 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Typical Len, not the first time it's happened this season. 

Not sure Len could do much else.  I can't see there is anyone who can guest & potentially score more than the Kent 2-5.  

2 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Not sure Len could do much else.  I can't see there is anyone who can guest & potentially score more than the Kent 2-5.  

It's game over anyway.

• Like 2

To be fair Drew and Dan's averages around CP are similar to Anders. Ledwith has found his feet again. Leaving the last ride to who ever is quickest on the night out of Jenkins Mulford or Spooner. 

After all the big matches recently and the big league, it may be hard for "Perks" to get as motivated for this.

I think to finish the season on a win would be nice for the lads even if the silverware is unlikely. 

Weather looks nice so hopefully we will get a few visitors from the east midlands come down.

1 minute ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Will Rowe be banned for with holding his services?

No. Under 19s can be absent for any reason.

• Like 1

Well done lester. 

Kemp has been absolute rubbish nearly  all season for kent .

22 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Kemp has been absolute rubbish nearly  all season for kent .

That's harsh. He has averaged over 8pts in what is only his 2nd season and he is only 17 or thereabouts.

Harsh but fair, his late season form for mildenhall last yr at no1 was way better than most of this season, perhaps he cant be doing with central park, the 3-4 times ive seen him there hes been moderate. Gone backwards this season 

The sheffield debacle (where he doubled his average in the main body) kicked his confidence massively. He is headingvto Aus shortly so hopefully come bag fully refreshed.

He didn’t double his gsa this season technically, it was formed on all his performances at the tail end of last season with Ipswich the same time he was firing for mildenhall as correctly stated by ruckeroo. 

I agree with ruckeroo he’s been out shone by Anders this year and has I feel gone backwards as a rider in what is an easier league 

• Like 1

From what I've seen at Kent, Drew doesn't gate consistently, which on a track that in my opinion doesn't lend itself to much passing, has severely limited him.  Having said that, seeing Max Clegg and Leon Flint both take him from the back by riding a wider line on his home track suggest that either he's not 'dialled in' at Central Park, or that he's not as good as we expected. He also went through a spell when he seemed unable to get through four races without an error/crash in one. He is only young, and it may just be that Central Park doesn't suit his style. Last night his first two rides were very ordinary, following home JJ and Jake after poor gates, but then he rode an excellent heat 13 to beat the Leicester top two off of gate 3!

It did seem last night that if you didn't gate, you struggled to make any headway. Dan G tried all he knew at the back but made no impression on the fast gating Ryan TD in heat 5, and then Hume, so impressive first time out, likewise could not trouble JJ, who rode a good line in heat 6. Did JJ change bikes for heat 13? Why, he barely got out the gate on that one! Also, did Rob not deserve to go out in 15 rather than Dan?

Pity we could not win the match, even if the Lions deserved the trophy. Right from the off all the young Kings - plus a very entertaining skipper - were worth watching in 2019, and one or two hopefully will  go far.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, hawks 1975 said:

From what I've seen at Kent, Drew doesn't gate consistently, which on a track that in my opinion doesn't lend itself to much passing, has severely limited him.  Having said that, seeing Max Clegg and Leon Flint both take him from the back by riding a wider line on his home track suggest that either he's not 'dialled in' at Central Park, or that he's not as good as we expected. He also went through a spell when he seemed unable to get through four races without an error/crash in one. He is only young, and it may just be that Central Park doesn't suit his style. Last night his first two rides were very ordinary, following home JJ and Jake after poor gates, but then he rode an excellent heat 13 to beat the Leicester top two off of gate 3!

It did seem last night that if you didn't gate, you struggled to make any headway. Dan G tried all he knew at the back but made no impression on the fast gating Ryan TD in heat 5, and then Hume, so impressive first time out, likewise could not trouble JJ, who rode a good line in heat 6. Did JJ change bikes for heat 13? Why, he barely got out the gate on that one! Also, did Rob not deserve to go out in 15 rather than Dan?

Pity we could not win the match, even if the Lions deserved the trophy. Right from the off all the young Kings - plus a very entertaining skipper - were worth watching in 2019, and one or two hopefully will  go far.

As an ex-Hammers fan, just like Hawks 1975, I must agree with his comments. Maybe our Speedway backgrounds have influenced our views ! The Final against Leicester

was entertaining and the Kings COULD have nipped it on the night. Ledwith looked to be the keenest rider there and, in spite of his age, I really get enthusiastic

when he is on the track.