British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Play-off final

38 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

So its off till the 21st?????

Joke! :blink:

No its true, its off until 21st. Why would they joke about it?

Edited by flipper11

Why is tomorrow off. They rode in them conditions last week against us?????

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Why is tomorrow off. They rode in them conditions last week against us?????

It was dry from early morning last sunday up until 6pm on the monday. So they had a window to pack the track down. It has been raining in the south east for the best part of three days with more to come tomorrow.

22 hours ago, flipper11 said:

No its true, its off until 21st. Why would they joke about it?

Perhaps they should change it to a swimming competition,then it may be sorted by Xmas? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I don't really follow the NDL but I assume that as Leicester finished top of the league they elected to ride at Kent first so as to have the advantage of running the 2nd leg at home, in case of golden heats. So why would they now agree to allow Kent to run the 2nd leg? But as they were going to turn up tonight without Ellis Perks, I wonder if they really care whether they win the play off or not... it's things like this that devalue the competition.

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't really follow the NDL but I assume that as Leicester finished top of the league they elected to ride at Kent first so as to have the advantage of running the 2nd leg at home, in case of golden heats. So why would they now agree to allow Kent to run the 2nd leg? But as they were going to turn up tonight without Ellis Perks, I wonder if they really care whether they win the play off or not... it's things like this that devalue the competition.

Faced with seven meetings to arrange at fairly short notice in October and endless rain I imagine that the principle factor for Leicester's management is simply getting the meetings on.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, iainb said:

By finishing top Cubs had choice of opponent in the semi, they chose Cradley. After that it is up to the promoters of the finalists to decide the dates (Kent v Cubs) Leicester do not have a choice of 1st or 2nd, as it happened Kent were to have the 1st leg, as this was then rained off they now have the 2nd leg. Im not sure why you feel having a rain off & the 1st leg devalues the competition. Im sure the team haven't ridden all season & finished top of the league not to care about winning now. As Arnieg said the important thing with all the rain offs is to get the meeting on.

As for Perks missing, that is unfortunate but is part & parcel of the NL, as the best riders in the NL ride in the league(s) above & dates are always likely to clash. Although Perks is the man of the moment in the NL I don't think having Morley would have weakened Cubs much at Central Park.

• Thanks 1

Apart from the physical bit of seeing your team lift the trophy at home in the second leg, can assure you there's nothing worse than not winning it overall at home especially if you've topped the league. Plus point of the first leg is you're guaranteed 15 heats of all out racing, not always the case in the second leg. So in my mind doesn't matter which way round, just want 2 dry nights,2 well prepared tracks and safe racing. 

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Faced with seven meetings to arrange at fairly short notice in October and endless rain I imagine that the principle factor for Leicester's management is simply getting the meetings on.

Just crazy that Leicester have that amount of meetings to get sorted in the middle of October!

When they have their AGM this really needs looking at. :blink:

9 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Just crazy that Leicester have that amount of meetings to get sorted in the middle of October!

Both the Lions and the Cubs have reached the finals of the play offs and cup competitions. It's inevitable they would have a fixture backlog with the wet end to the season.

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

It does but it will probably get pushed back twice due to the forecast....

• Haha 1

Tbh over the past 5 years I dont recall that many rain offs in October tbh, i do recall freezing my nuts of on occasions though lol. The point i am trying to make is, is we have just had an unlucky few weeks weather wise. Whilst I can see the reasoning behind calls to make the play offs earlier, in truth the season is already too short for many of us, plz let's not campaign to make it shorter.

40 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Tbh over the past 5 years I dont recall that many rain offs in October tbh, i do recall freezing my nuts of on occasions though lol. The point i am trying to make is, is we have just had an unlucky few weeks weather wise. Whilst I can see the reasoning behind calls to make the play offs earlier, in truth the season is already too short for many of us, plz let's not campaign to make it shorter.

Im certainly not arguing to make it shorter, i am merely suggesting that the most important fixtures (league & play offs) are sorted first and then then the additional competitions (KO cup, Nat Trophy, grudge match challenges etc) at the back end of the year so at least a 'proper' league (play off) champion can be crowned.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im certainly not arguing to make it shorter, i am merely suggesting that the most important fixtures (league & play offs) are sorted first and then then the additional competitions (KO cup, Nat Trophy, grudge match challenges etc) at the back end of the year so at least a 'proper' league (play off) champion can be crowned.   

Cannot agree more.....surely you want the League to be decided when the chances of conditions are best and more importantly the weather is warmer and supporters will turn out in greater numbers!

• Like 1