British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

9 hours ago, TheReturn said:

Absolutely. I think Doyle deserves such credit for staying loyal to British speedway.  

Of course he needs a club willing to pay him.

Lindgren didn't want to leave Wolves initially, it came down to Wolves cutting their costs.. and thus cutting their crowds.. which means.... well you get it I'm sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Of course he needs a club willing to pay him.

Lindgren didn't want to leave Wolves initially, it came down to Wolves cutting their costs.. and thus cutting their crowds.. which means.... well you get it I'm sure.

Although I see your point, Wolves crowds must be as good as Swindon, so they should have been able to pay Lindgren.

Klindt over Masters/Thorssell anyone ?, certainly Nicolai seems to have refound his mojo over the last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, greyhoundp said:

Klindt over Masters/Thorssell anyone ?, certainly Nicolai seems to have refound his mojo over the last 2 seasons.

Gating tart, no thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundp said:

I think you will find Klindt being a Poole asset, he is not going anywhere 

45 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Absolutely. Klindt has improved quite dramatically over the last couple of seasons and is Pirates rider of the season. He showed promise early in his career but never seemed to fulfil it. Finally he is showing everyone what he is capable of and the Polish top flight is beckoning.

No way he will return to Monmore and should be Fords first signing alongside Josh. 

No way would we want Thorsell who now seems nowhere near the rider he was, even taking injury into consideration, or Masters who’s reached his level and was frankly appalling in the playoffs both here and for his Polish club.

Schlein, Douglas, Becker and perhaps Howarth. Depends how much enthusiasm the Wolves management have left. Adams seemed to have little on tv.Is he a promoter there is just an employee? Time to cast loyalty aside and find a younger and more enthusiastic manager? A hard call. Perhaps he realised Wolves game was up when the track got a dousing in the first leg.

Would Wolves like to see Adams bow out gracefully and be replaced by Sam Ermolenko?

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely. Klindt has improved quite dramatically over the last couple of seasons and is Pirates rider of the season. He showed promise early in his career but never seemed to fulfil it. Finally he is showing everyone what he is capable of and the Polish top flight is beckoning.

No way he will return to Monmore and should be Fords first signing alongside Josh. 

No way would we want Thorsell who now seems nowhere near the rider he was, even taking injury into consideration, or Masters who’s reached his level and was frankly appalling in the playoffs both here and for his Polish club.

Schlein, Douglas, Becker and perhaps Howarth. Depends how much enthusiasm the Wolves management have left. Adams seemed to have little on tv.Is he a promoter there is just an employee? Time to cast loyalty aside and find a younger and more enthusiastic manager? A hard call. Perhaps he realised Wolves game was up when the track got a dousing in the first leg.

Would Wolves like to see Adams bow out gracefully and be replaced by Sam Ermolenko?

I'm sure you know this really Steve, but Peter Adams is a Promoter at Wolverhampton.

13 hours ago, proud panther said:

Although I see your point, Wolves crowds must be as good as Swindon, so they should have been able to pay Lindgren.

They could have payed Lindgren, they took the cheaper option.

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Long may that be the case.

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I'm sure you know this really Steve, but Peter Adams is a Promoter at Wolverhampton.

I wasn’t sure though had an inkling. In which case they are stuck with him.

47 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Long may that be the case.

You wouldn’t want Klindt? 

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You wouldn’t want Klindt? 

Absolutely correct. Why would we? We have riders, Wolves assets who are on a much more attractive average thanks.

Total gating tart and settled at Poole, let’s hope he stays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Absolutely correct. Why would we? We have riders, Wolves assets who are on a much more attractive average thanks.

The problem with that is we were saying that in March and look where it got us.

I'm not too sure that the Polish top flight will be beckoning after Klindt's performance in Poland today.

44 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

The problem with that is we were saying that in March and look where it got us.

On paper everyone had us as favourites in March, and we looked good. Good form leading into the play offs then that dreadful performance has tainted our season.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:32 AM, Arthur54 said:

He might be if Poole go Championship and revert to Wednesday night racing!!!!

Or maybe Wolves are one of the SGBP clubs who wouldn't want that to happen?

Edited by Skidder1