British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He might be if Poole go Championship and revert to Wednesday night racing!!!!

Or maybe Wolves are one of the SGBP clubs who wouldn't want that to happen?

Pit might not be a bad idea.

A few seasons in the Championship could give Poole a chance to re-build and maybe see Holder and Kurtz become proper number ones?

Becker has to be first name on the team list for next season. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere however as part of his 'development' and every team in the league will be after him so could come down to money.

Douglas is another to pursue as he settled in quite well, had a few bad scores but to be expected.

Schlein i would keep but only if he is to be second string / third heat leader nothing more than that, good captain material.

Nicholls is another to look at from the home perspective, he didn't let us down when was with us early part of season and we sure noticed his absence when Jacob was back. Would only take him as a second string however in terms of team building.

Masters/Thorssell/Howarth - they've had long enough now and won't really get much more out of them, have shown that when needed they don't step up.

Morris - who knows.

Isn't it funny, in one breath fans say they want the same team from year to year, in another they want rid of long term riders of their club, fickle!

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Isn't it funny, in one breath fans say they want the same team from year to year, in another they want rid of long term riders of their club, fickle!

Think you've got the wrong club here as Wolves has always been about continuation year on year and it's rare there are major changes made.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

Becker has to be first name on the team list for next season. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere however as part of his 'development' and every team in the league will be after him so could come down to money.

Douglas is another to pursue as he settled in quite well, had a few bad scores but to be expected.

Schlein i would keep but only if he is to be second string / third heat leader nothing more than that, good captain material.

Nicholls is another to look at from the home perspective, he didn't let us down when was with us early part of season and we sure noticed his absence when Jacob was back. Would only take him as a second string however in terms of team building.

Masters/Thorssell/Howarth - they've had long enough now and won't really get much more out of them, have shown that when needed they don't step up.

Morris - who knows.

We did.

Jacob was better, in a harder riding position.

4 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

Morris - who knows.

That's a bit out of order regarding Howarth, he was our only real performer in the second leg at Swindon. He will be back next year for sure, unless Sheffield come up, then he will have a tough choice to make

I like to support a team that I can fully associate with as Wolves. So no problems with Jacob Thorssell & Luke Becker. My issue is that the other five also rode for Edinburgh, Leicester, Sheffield, Somerset & Somerset!!!

I appreciate / reluctantly accept that this is unlikely to be solved in the near future.  So at least keep the same seven. Just don't put them out on a wet track :(

35 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I like to support a team that I can fully associate with as Wolves. So no problems with Jacob Thorssell & Luke Becker. My issue is that the other five also rode for Edinburgh, Leicester, Sheffield, Somerset & Somerset!!!

I appreciate / reluctantly accept that this is unlikely to be solved in the near future.  So at least keep the same seven. Just don't put them out on a wet track :(

I never really understand this argument, both Luke and Jacob both rode for other teams this year, just not in the UK. Is there a difference? 

• Thanks 1

What happens next year depends on whether Freddy will return imo. He has suggested he may drop Sweden next year which would make his return more likely. He would have to replace either Sam, Jacob or Rory. Plus there would probably have to be at least another 2 changes to accommodate his average, including a weaker reserve in place of Ryan most likely. If Freddy doesn't return I can see us retaining virtually the same team with maybe one change, possibly Scott Nicholls for Nick Morris

• Like 1

Wolves really need to be replacing Masters in my opinion . Already signed for Edinburgh for 2020 tells you all you need to know about this guys ambition . Easy points easy money at 28 lacks ambition and when it came to the crunch never really showed much heart or determination . Only my opinion do not forget i am allowed one . 

Howarth again i would replace average gone no where despite people telling every season he will put at least 2 points on his average . 3 or 4 seasons later still at number 2 or reserve.

Becker would be the only must keep for me .

• Like 1

Perhaps after seeing his 2019 playoff form Wolves should recall Tobias Musielak, wait.... :rofl::P

Edited by Col
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I never really understand this argument, both Luke and Jacob both rode for other teams this year, just not in the UK. Is there a difference? 

EXACTLY!!!

If Poole are dropping down, every chance that Swindon could sign Holder and Kurtz

... for the Sprockets.  :)

• Haha 2