British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

On 10/15/2019 at 11:12 PM, Dogman1959 said:

Swindon asset not wolves rider

I am aware, hence the smiley faces.

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

The way CVS and PA were talking yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same 1-7 back next year

Let's hope not

1 hour ago, magnificentseven said:

Let's hope not

I actually wouldn't mind, I think we would have beaten any other team over 2 legs in the playoffs. Swindon proved over the last few weeks of the season they were by far the best team. Since we got to within 2 points of them in the B meeting their overall record in the 6 last home meetings was 360 - 179. That is incredible form, but luckily that team will have to be ripped apart as they are about 4 points over the average limit. The fact that we made the playoffs and, at the end of the season were probably the second best team, yet are able to redeclare the same 1 - 7 for next year, I think is a massive bonus.

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I actually wouldn't mind, I think we would have beaten any other team over 2 legs in the playoffs. Swindon proved over the last few weeks of the season they were by far the best team. Since we got to within 2 points of them in the B meeting their overall record in the 6 last home meetings was 360 - 179. That is incredible form, but luckily that team will have to be ripped apart as they are about 4 points over the average limit. The fact that we made the playoffs and, at the end of the season were probably the second best team, yet are able to redeclare the same 1 - 7 for next year, I think is a massive bonus.

I agree, Becker and Morris will definitely add points to there averages and there are other improvements in Thorsell and Douglas. If that does happen and the rest stay around the same, the team could do very well...

11 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

I agree, Becker and Morris will definitely add points to there averages and there are other improvements in Thorsell and Douglas. If that does happen and the rest stay around the same, the team could do very well...

That's what we said about Morris this year...........................................................

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

That's what we said about Morris this year...........................................................

It's never ideal when you miss the first couple of months of the season, you're playing catch up from the start. Both Nick and Jacob suffered in that respect. I would certainly give them another chance. Nick is a much better rider than his current average

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

It's never ideal when you miss the first couple of months of the season, you're playing catch up from the start. Both Nick and Jacob suffered in that respect. I would certainly give them another chance. Nick is a much better rider than his current average

The fact is the injury he had is still causing some grief now, not enough to prevent him riding but enough to get it looked at again now the season is over.

2 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

The fact is the injury he had is still causing some grief now, not enough to prevent him riding but enough to get it looked at again now the season is over.

It's incredible how so many riders keep going with some horrendous injuries. Many 'ordinary' people wouldn't even get out of bed feeling the way these riders must do let alone ride a speedway bike

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's incredible how so many riders keep going with some horrendous injuries. Many 'ordinary' people wouldn't even get out of bed feeling the way these riders must do let alone ride a speedway bike

Apart from Jason Garrity it just seems he cant be arsed to get out of bed to travel anywhere full stop.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

And will probably want Morris back on his lowly average

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

And will probably want Morris back on his lowly average

Apparently he said he wanted to ‘put right’ the wrongs from this year back at Wolves again.

we know they all say the same so let’s see what happens.