British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

38 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Hey, no worries. It seemed assumed I would always do it! Thankfully others have stepped in and do a brilliant job.

Absolutely correct. Which is why I said it’s great for our league that he or anyone of that ilk is back. You can be sure Nicki will get exactly the welcome he deserves when Sheffield are in town and he knows it. Nicki isn’t liked all leagues over (although probably not Danish league!) so is perfectly used to it and encourages it.

Nicki is here for the pay check not to be liked. He has said before the booing only makes him more determined to win. 

Nicki knows that he isn’t liked at Wolves and he doesn’t care. That tells you all you need to know about the situation. 

Long history dating back to his first season with us as his parent club in 99. Let’s just say he made himself unpopular with many including his team mates. 

Plus he dislikes the Wolves fans as he said as much so the feeling is completely mutual. 

Yet its strange, of all the Cleveland arms rider talk inns, & I have attended most, NP in 2016 was a sell out. Bigger turn out to NP than Woffy, Ole, etc etc!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Yet its strange, of all the Cleveland arms rider talk inns, & I have attended most, NP in 2016 was a sell out. Bigger turn out to NP than Woffy, Ole, etc etc!!

I thought they all sold out? 

14 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I thought they all sold out? 

No, far from it, especially the Hans night was one of the poor attendances 

10 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Couldn’t get tickets for Tai, so I assumed that sold out?

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Couldn’t get tickets for Tai, so I assumed that sold out?

I have been to 4 Tai evenings at Cleveland arms & one at Halifax. For me the best by a million miles was the Ole evening

I've only been to the Cleveland for one. PK. The man's a legendB)

4 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I've only been to the Cleveland for one. PK. The man's a legendB)

That was a brilliant night. Same here, only one I’ve been to.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Every time I heard him say stuff like 'I got the bugger' in his Swedish/Black Country accent I couldn't help pi$$ing myself laughing:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Every time I heard him say stuff like 'I got the bugger' in his Swedish/Black Country accent I couldn't help pi$$ing myself laughing:rofl:

Stood on back straight at Cradley, end of season meeting in the early 90's.. 

Suddenly a voice behind us in that accent you describe "It's cold tonight ain't it" then... "Them donkeys am fast"

He wasn't referring to Cradley on this occasion :)

Speaking of end of season meetings, do you remember the one where PK was chasing his donkey around the track? Cut across the centre green to try and catch it as I remember. Hilarious!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Stood on back straight at Cradley, end of season meeting in the early 90's.. 

Suddenly a voice behind us in that accent you describe "It's cold tonight ain't it" then... "Them donkeys am fast"

He wasn't referring to Cradley on this occasion :)

Speaking of end of season meetings, do you remember the one where PK was chasing his donkey around the track? Cut across the centre green to try and catch it as I remember. Hilarious!

I've been hoping in vain that he'd do a book on his career with him reading the audio version:rofl:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sommelier said:

The Hans Nielsen one was organized at the last minute in fairness (about 2 weeks before I think).   Certainly would have been better attended with more notice

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Ole Olsens was the best one I think.  Spoke very passionately about British speedway and was scathing about  Tai not racing in the UK.

The Correy/Ermolenko one was pretty good too

• Like 1

I've been to quite a few of these and enjoyed all of them , could have done without Tai's language but apart from that it was a good night. Worst one for me was Greg Hancock, came across as he is I suppose.was never going to dish any dirt. The best one wasn't at the Cleveland, it was Lance King who told it how it was. Excellent night out

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I've been to quite a few of these and enjoyed all of them , could have done without Tai's language but apart from that it was a good night. Worst one for me was Greg Hancock, came across as he is I suppose.was never going to dish any dirt. The best one wasn't at the Cleveland, it was Lance King who told it how it was. Excellent night out

Someone has told me Tai's book is full of the f-word too ....

39 minutes ago, Trees said:

Someone has told me Tai's book is full of the f-word too ....

That’s true........ and there was no need for it, never is.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2