British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

24 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It was wholly up to Tai to choose using foul words or not in the first place when pen went to paper.

Since Tai has stopped swearing in front of TV cameras he has actually got more likeable in my estimation.  When now being interviewed a different personality seems to across, definitely more likeable, and he has a sense of humour as was displayed when “guesting” with Pearson and Tatum.

I would agree with you 100% I was never a fan of Tai's ( I  do recognise his skill and achievements) but since the way he  conducted himself  whilst being with KT & Pearson I have warmed to him  a lot more than I did .

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Obviously certain words are censored on most platforms because the masses still find them unacceptable

If you can honestly say you have never sworn and never would then your point may be valid in this instance.

In the real world swear words are common place. 

1) but you claimed it was perfectly acceptable in today’s society.

2) I used to swear but never in front of ladies and never in formal meetings at work, and generally not a great amount anyway.   Then I made a personal decision to stop swearing, and that was about 35 years ago (just over half my life ago).

3) so is stabbing of youths common place in certain areas..... is that acceptable.

When we moved home 8 years ago, one our new neighbours used swear words a lot. Without me commentating on swearing, he realised (purely by listening to me) I didn’t swear. He started to apologise whenever he swore.  Now he can hold a conversation without swearing at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

2) I used to swear but never in front of ladies and never in formal meetings at work, and generally not a great amount anyway.   Then I made a personal decision to stop swearing, and that was about 35 years ago (just over half my life ago).

3) so is stabbing of youths common place in certain areas..... is that acceptable.

When we moved home 8 years ago, one our new neighbours used swear words a lot. Without me commentating on swearing, he realised (purely by listening to me) I didn’t swear. He started to apologise whenever he swore.  Now he can hold a conversation without swearing at all. 

Yes, when you’re not a swearer you cringe inside every time someone swears and they often realise that.

Unfortunately, many builders use it every day at work and continue to do so at home and in public, and a lot of youths do as a rite of passage or part of gangsta culture.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trees said:

Someone has told me Tai's book is full of the f-word too ....

F*****g hell(lol),hope Danny Dyer never gets to do a book, they'll have to rewrite the Oxford English Dictionary.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Wrong text
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, BWitcher said:

"Meanwhile, Wolves are fifth. They can't possibly keep this up." Garth Crooks.

Just when I think he can't go any lower in my estimation.

If Crooks was any good Sky would have poached him long ago.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not sure how you can compare knife crime to swearing as some sort of comparable? 

It’s a fair point you make that you now don’t swear and that’s perfectly your choice. Plenty do swear and don’t see it as being judged as unacceptable. Plenty of a certain generation I’m sure hold your view.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, when you’re not a swearer you cringe inside every time someone swears and they often realise that.

Unfortunately, many builders use it every day at work and continue to do so at home and in public, and a lot of youths do as a rite of passage or part of gangsta culture.

So i take you have never sworn in your life then?

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not sure how you can compare knife crime to swearing as some sort of comparable? 

It’s a fair point you make that you now don’t swear and that’s perfectly your choice. Plenty do swear and don’t see it as being judged as unacceptable. Plenty of a certain generation I’m sure hold your view.

So i take you have never sworn in your life then?

Yes, I have, and in public too. 

But I never use it as part of my every day speech and certainly wouldn’t use in habitually in my biography.

19 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

Ole Olsens was the best one I think.  Spoke very passionately about British speedway

That’s very nice of him, considering all the damage he’s done to our beloved sport in this country 

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I have, and in public too. 

But I never use it as part of my every day speech and certainly wouldn’t use in habitually in my biography.

My only point then is the hypocrisy and judgement that some make when they do no different themselves.

If Tai felt a need to add swearing to his book then that’s his choice. By the way I don’t agree that he did however I can see it makes his autobiography real and reflects his personality better.

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

That’s very nice of him, considering all the damage he’s done to our beloved sport in this country 

He thought we should close British Speedway down for a year or two, humph!!

No more trying to find extra dates at the Green.The Spoons have pulled out of all racing CVS has confirmed.                      Get your finger out Dudley council,still plenty of brown field sites in the borough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

No more trying to find extra dates at the Green.The Spoons have pulled out of all racing CVS has confirmed.                      Get your finger out Dudley council,still plenty of brown field sites in the borough.

Whilst it’s a shame Cradley have decided to pull out it’s reassuring to know we have extra free dates should we need them. 

Pressure should always be on the council to do more. Demand has been proven to be there.