British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, DJWolves said:

With Schlein, Becker, Nicol and Douglas we have around 22 points to play with for the last three places.

Cant see why we would keep Nick Morris who to me looked like he had lost his mojo last season and rarely showed any fight in his riding. So main question is whether we keep Masters and/or Thorsell or neither.  Lindgren? Iversen? Kliindt? Musielek? Jepsen Jensen?

The only reason we would keep Nick now, as far as I can see, would be to fit someone like Freddie in

9 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

The only reason we would keep Nick now, as far as I can see, would be to fit someone like Freddie in

He had a bad season, affected by injury. He was on a bargain average last year, and he is again. I would include him.

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

He had a bad season, affected by injury. He was on a bargain average last year, and he is again. I would include him.

I agree but looking at the points left, if Nick is included, then the 1.86 surplus will be used to strengthen Sam or Jacob (or both)

18 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I agree but looking at the points left, if Nick is included, then the 1.86 surplus will be used to strengthen Sam or Jacob (or both)

I was talking to one of Swindon's sponsors early in the season at Monmore and he said that Morris's head was not right (presumably his attitude) and they couldn't wait to offload him. He produced only 2 or 3 decent efforts when it looked like he could be bothered ( 2 of those being at P'boro in the second league match ), I know he was coming back from injury but if he could produce those type of rides on occasion then surely he could have produced them more often. 

6 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

I was talking to one of Swindon's sponsors early in the season at Monmore and he said that Morris's head was not right (presumably his attitude) and they couldn't wait to offload him. He produced only 2 or 3 decent efforts when it looked like he could be bothered ( 2 of those being at P'boro in the second league match ), I know he was coming back from injury but if he could produce those type of rides on occasion then surely he could have produced them more often. 

I've heard similar, but surely he's capable of maintaining / improving a 5.38 average. Definately worth a gamble imo, if he gets himself sorted he will be a bargain on that

Edited by Call me wolfie

Nick had a poor season which was partly affected by injury. He surely had enough rides to have shown more improvement than we saw from him in the last two months. He gave the impression his heart wasn't in his racing and he is only on a bargain average if he gets his motivation back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pitstop84 said:

Who as said next signing tomorrow ?

Official Facebook page already confirmed it’s tomorrow 

38 minutes ago, 847084 said:

Next signing announced tomorrow.

Becker is nailed on so no suprise if it's him,think all Wolves fans are crying out for a top notch number 1.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added text
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think you may be waiting a very long time 

I suspect you're correct:unsure:

42 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think you may be waiting a very long time 

We will see .