British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Think you may be waiting a very long time 

I’m sure Sheffield fans thought the same. 

• Like 1

Wolves seem to have mucked up their side by signing Nicol.

It was looking like this year’s team, with Nichols for Howarth, was a no brainier.

Instead, they’ve landed Nicol on a 4 and now need to sign a top number one to compensate, plus give the bad news to another of this year’s team.

What a mess.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It was looking like this year’s team, with Nichols for Howarth, was a no brainier.

Instead, they’ve landed Nicol on a 4 and now need to sign a top number one to compensate, plus give the bad news to another of this year’s team.

What a mess.

We wont have signed Nicol unless we have a plan, i suspect theres someone we need to fit in, i wouldnt call Ryan and Broc at reserve a mess to be honest.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

We wont have signed Nicol unless we have a plan, i suspect theres someone we need to fit in, i wouldnt call Ryan and Broc at reserve a mess to be honest.

Trouble is they’re queuing up to get into your reserve berths, with Douglas, Nicol and Becker, but you won’t be able to sign a better number one than Masters.

I know, cos Steve Brum always says no riders come back to GB.  :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Trouble is they’re queuing up to get into your reserve berths, with Douglas, Nicol and Becker, but you won’t be able to sign a better number one than Masters.

They seem a big improvement on Swindon's reserves!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

What a mess.

Sensible team planning should be build from the top downwards not bottom up. By announcing Nicol it tells me that CVS and Adams know exactly what the full team is, and as usual will be a close to the points level as possible. Now I might not exactly like the final 7 riders, but in no way is it a 'mess'. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Luke and Ryan are quite capable of banging in big points as we've seen this year, Broc will probably stay at reserve all season but he will more than do his job, I'm quite happy thanks. The top end will be a lot stronger as a result.

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Becker had a great debut season and can only get better. I imagine he will ride at No 2 as a second string and I have no doubt that he will make a success of that. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DC2 said:

What a mess.

Why does he come in on a 4 surely under 21 riders are lower than 4.

59 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m sure Sheffield fans thought the same. 

True but I know for a fact none at wolves wait and see if I'm right?

Watching Becker and Nicol team riding will bring back memories of Sam and Ronnie. Trouble is its more likely to be in Heat 2 or Heat 8 than Heat 15

29 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Watching Becker and Nicol team riding will bring back memories of Sam and Ronnie. Trouble is its more likely to be in Heat 2 or Heat 8 than Heat 15

Give it time..... perhaps 'til July :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Give it time..... perhaps 'til July :D

July ? Extreme pessimism ! LOL

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

True but I know for a fact none at wolves wait and see if I'm right?

Couldn’t care less. We did ok with the side we had last year and it might be something similar so still looks strong to me.

IF we land Freddie or someone similar as plenty of Wolves fans expect then I’m sure plenty will be happy with that. But It won’t happen because you ‘know for a fact’  don’t you. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

What a mess.

It would only be a mess if when the full line up is announced we are way below the points limit. Jumping the gun a bit hope it doesn’t make you look any sillier. :rofl:

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Are you still banging on about 2 riders that have flooded our league with newcomers? :rofl: