British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It would only be a mess if when the full line up is announced we are way below the points limit. Jumping the gun a bit hope it doesn’t make you look any sillier. :rofl:

Are you still banging on about 2 riders that have flooded our league with newcomers? :rofl:

DC 2 Brum 0.

And that’s just the start.  :)

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

DC 2 Brum 0.

And that’s just the start.  :)

I’m already ahead with the amount of seasons we haven’t had big names back. So more like 4-2 to me. Keep hoping. 

• Like 1

Nicol In on 3.23. Champ average converted. 

Like the start of this wolves team a lot. Really think it’s going to come together quite nicely. 

Edited by poolebolton
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Like the start of this wolves team a lot. Really think it’s going to come together quite nicely. 

Nick Morris next man in 

'.......the club expected to hold talks with American ace Luke Becker in the near future'.

I'd have thought Becker was the one signature they'd want in the bag before starting to flog season tickets:unsure:

8 hours ago, poolebolton said:

That's what i thought don't know why DC2 said it was 4.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That's what i thought don't know why DC2 said it was 4.

Probably assuming as it was reported last season when Lynn was going to have him that he was going to be a 4

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Wasn’t Nick Morris relatively your worst rider this season? I’m surprised he’s back. 

You're not alone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

You're not alone.

Not so long ago Jason Doyle and Nick Morris were the top 2 riders in the top league by average. Now that could have been a fluke, but it would have quite a thing to have fluked it for the whole season. He didn't cover himself with glory last season, but I don't know how much effect the injury had on him. On his average I think he is worth another go.

As far as Becker goes I am 100% sure he will be in the team, note the earlier comment about Ermolenko and Correy).So we have sorted the second strings (Morris & Becker) and the reserves (Douglas and Nicol). Just the heat leaders to go.

Whoops, forgot about Schlein, 2 heat leaders to go.

Edited by Beowulf

29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Wasn’t Nick Morris relatively your worst rider this season? I’m surprised he’s back. 

I think he will up his average by at least 1.5 points so not surprised at all

16 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Not so long ago Jason Doyle and Nick Morris were the top 2 riders in the top league by average. Now that could have been a fluke, but it would have quite a thing to have fluked it for the whole season. He didn't cover himself with glory last season, but I don't know how much effect the injury had on him. On his average I think he is worth another go.

As far as Becker goes I am 100% sure he will be in the team, note the earlier comment about Ermolenko and Correy).So we have sorted the second strings (Morris & Becker) and the reserves (Douglas and Nicol). Just the heat leaders to go.

My recollections, which may be faulty of course, is that for every 1 'we must have him on that average' riders who are a success, half a dozen prove why they had the 'bargain' average.

I'm sure you're right about Becker but I've never understood why someone would purchase a season ticket before you knew what you were buying. In the case of Becker his signature would surely be more important to that decision than Schlein, Douglas, Nicol and Morris so to not have him done and dusted before 'season ticket saturday' seems remiss to me:unsure:

Edited by Wolfsbane

Got to be bringing in an out and out number 1 surely now? Assuming Becker signs if the last 2 riders are Masters & Thorsell it will be a massive anti climax.

Don't think they would go that far under the points limit but stranger things have happened

21 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I think he will up his average by at least 1.5 points so not surprised at all

Morris has gone down from 8.87 in 2017 to 6.6 in 2018 and 5.38 this year.

That suggests a trend.

Nevertheless, if Masters and Thorssell are to follow, who is the new 7.5 point rider?

Klindt?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedwayfan1990 said:

Got to be bringing in an out and out number 1 surely now? Assuming Becker signs if the last 2 riders are Masters & Thorsell it will be a massive anti climax.

Don't think they would go that far under the points limit but stranger things have happened

Good point. Forgot about Becker.

Schlein, Douglas, Nicol, Morris, Becker, Thorssell, Masters.

Wouldn’t that be two points under the limit?