British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

51 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So Lindgren will come back instead of Thorssell?

Doubt it, as he’s been quoted as saying he’s only doing Poland.

Woffinden? Nope.

So who’s coming in?

Or have Wolves just blundered by signing Nicol instead of Nichols?

Maybe CVS misheard Pete Adams?  :)

You mean like Benson on the right and Hedges on the left!

Pleasantly surprised we kept Nick, he looked a steal on his 2019 start average and looks a good bet this year, I thought Swindon may have tried to get him back, withstanding injury i think he will regain full form in 2020.

Had visions of  him doing the same as Cam Heeps having a storming year after just one with us for Ipswich.

2 minutes ago, rjsj9803 said:

Pleasantly surprised we kept Nick, he looked a steal on his 2019 start average and looks a good bet this year, I thought Swindon may have tried to get him back, withstanding injury i think he will regain full form in 2020.

Had visions of  him doing the same as Cam Heeps having a storming year after just one with us for Ipswich.

I do wonder about being a steal, that’s two years now he has supposedly been a steal and hasn’t.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rjsj9803 said:

He certainly looked better at the end of the season and quite surprised you beaten so badly in the semi final. Depends on other signings but looks like you have the makings of a title winning team.

Edited by foreverblue

15 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I think we can safely rule out Pawlicki. As to Iversen, why would he ride for us as opposed to Kings Lynn ?  As for Thorssel and Masters there appears to a possibility that 1 of them won't be back.

I hope it's neither. We have been too loyal to some riders over the years both reached their potential IMO.  

If as you would expect Masters and Becker to return then there is room for a GP rider going to return and I would expect it to be Fast Fred.

24 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I think we can safely rule out Pawlicki. As to Iversen, why would he ride for us as opposed to Kings Lynn ?  As for Thorssel and Masters there appears to a possibility that 1 of them won't be back.

Because Lynn don’t want him / can’t afford him / can’t fit him in? 

Each announcement is starting to make the final 1 to 7 intriguing. It’s looking more and more likely that it’s going to be a big hitter at number one now so hopefully it will surprise many. 

By using the obvious duo of Masters and Thorssell would put us a couple of points under the limit and I can’t see CVS doing that. 

The tension builds!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I do wonder about being a steal, that’s two years now he has supposedly been a steal and hasn’t.

Time will tell, if he starts the season fully fit unlike this year he should be an improvement next season

Iversen's average is not significantly higher than either Masters or Thorsell.

If deal was sorted for Lindgren, it would have been announced before this Saturday when season tickets can be purchased from the stadium.

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think anything regarding your number 1 will be announced until the rest of the team is known.

I know I'm like a stuck record but why would you not want to announce a big hitter at #1, especially if it's Lindgren, before you start selling season tickets?! 

It doesn't make sense to me as the object is to sell more season tickets which such an announcement is bound to do.