British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would you be peed if your last 3 riders are becker, masters and JT. 

Cos that's what I heard. Leaving you well under the limit. 

Adams would have a lot of explaining to do to fans (especially if we get off to a bad start)why he's built a team #2 points under the limit,and sacrificing such an advantage.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added text.
  • Like 3

Nick Morris or someone wouldn't have been signed if Masters & Thorssell were the top two imo. I think CVS has pulled a rabbit out of the hat if he hasn't then serious questions should be asked.

1. Freddie Lindgren, Greg Hancock, Tai Woffinden or someone else returning to Britain or debuting.

2. Luke Becker

3. Rory Schlein

4. Nick Morris

5. Sam Masters or Jacob Thorssell

6. Ryan Douglas

7. Broc Nicol

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Becker is a cert and pretty sure Sam will be back as I've heard he's applied for a residency Visa. As for the last place, I really don't know. As neither has been named, it makes me think it's either one or the other

Edited by Call me wolfie

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I've heard your talking out of your rear end, but then there is no evidence for my statement or yours, is there ?

8 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Could we drop to the Championship with that team then? :D

Seriously though... It wouldn't be a team to win the playoffs but would hold its own at home. It's still a better option than squeezing an Old Spoon in B)

8 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Adams would have a lot of explaining to do to fans (especially if we get off to a bad start)why he's built a team #2 points under the limit,and sacrificing such an advantage.

Very much so, goes completely against what the management normally do. Unless there is a plan to bring in another rider in May as some sort of master stroke. And I can’t see that as very likely either.

Has to be a surprise at number one I’d say. 

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

I've heard your talking out of your rear end, but then there is no evidence for my statement or yours, is there ?

We will see 

51 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Very much so, goes completely against what the management normally do. Unless there is a plan to bring in another rider in May as some sort of master stroke. And I can’t see that as very likely either.

The surprise is... there is no surprise :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Who would like at No1 Steve? Because the riders you and others have talked about will not ride over here.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

The surprise is... there is no surprise :wink:

Time will tell I guess. :wink:

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Who would like at No1 Steve? Because the riders you and others have talked about will not ride over here.

Who thought Nicki P And Kildemand would be back? 

Id agree riders of that standard usually have no interest in riding here and I’ve been banging that drum the past few years.

I really think the switch to Eurosport has perked up the ears of some of the riders as they know they will get extra exposure and I think that’s more to do with NP and PK coming back than money.

id prefer Freddie but can’t see it happening. I’d like Zmarzlik but it won’t happen.

I have a sneaking feeling it’s Greg, and there is as much chance of him coming as Nicki P. 

Ive never known our management build 2 points below the limit before (if it’s Jacob and Sam) so it makes perfect sense that it’s a big hitter.

If we were going to be signing a big name No 1, we'd have announced it by now in my opinion. As others have said, especially for the season ticket sales.

This way, they're teasing that a No 1 is being signed in the hope that season tickets will be sold... then drop Masters and Thorssell in later.

It will be sold as a team that went so close last year and starting fit they can do better... plus the potential of Nicol.

If that was the team, I wouldn't completely rule them out as it's still a decent side IF Morris can get his old form back and Becker and Nicol continue to progress.

However, they're being put under undue pressure from the off.

I'd be delighted to be wrong though and hopefully I will be.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

If it is someone like Hancock then could be many reasons to delay the announcement, could be waiting on a sponsor etc etc. Even if Hancock is announced last, surely season tickets are still on sale so people would buy...

I think clubs those who buy season tickets year on year are going to do so regardless

I doubt Nicki P at sheffield would sell more season tickets than usual, but I bet more will go on the odd occasion than  before 

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

If we were going to be signing a big name No 1, we'd have announced it by now in my opinion. As others have said, especially for the season ticket sales.

This way, they're teasing that a No 1 is being signed in the hope that season tickets will be sold... then drop Masters and Thorssell in later.

It will be sold as a team that went so close last year and starting fit they can do better... plus the potential of Nicol.

If that was the team, I wouldn't completely rule them out as it's still a decent side IF Morris can get his old form back and Becker and Nicol continue to progress.

However, they're being put under undue pressure from the off.

I'd be delighted to be wrong though and hopefully I will be.

Pretty much agree with all that. Still a decent side if that but why 2 points under the limit? Seems odd. 

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Time will tell I guess. :wink:

Who thought Nicki P And Kildemand would be back? 

Id agree riders of that standard usually have no interest in riding here and I’ve been banging that drum the past few years.

I really think the switch to Eurosport has perked up the ears of some of the riders as they know they will get extra exposure and I think that’s more to do with NP and PK coming back than money.

id prefer Freddie but can’t see it happening. I’d like Zmarzlik but it won’t happen.

I have a sneaking feeling it’s Greg, and there is as much chance of him coming as Nicki P. 

Ive never known our management build 2 points below the limit before (if it’s Jacob and Sam) so it makes perfect sense that it’s a big hitter.

I think PK is a good second string at best,  a 7 ish average. Killer has a bad year as far as I can see  by reading posts. If offered reasonable money, might give it a go. Do you mean Greg as in Hancock?. I would be surprised with his wifes health and the fact hes 50 and  must be a millionaire?. Riding in the wet and cold on indifferent tracks, and traveling.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1