British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Like Iversen, Woffinden's last average is not significantly higher than Masters or Thorsell (I actually think it might be lower).

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Like Iversen, Woffinden's last average is not significantly higher than Masters or Thorsell (I actually think it might be lower).

Quite right.

Nicol instead of Nicholls only makes sense if Wolves need the extra points to sign an 8.5 rider and Hancock is the only one that comes to mind.

I’m expecting Masters and Thorsell.

CVS must be looking at Nicol as a long term asset, even if he has come a year too soon.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Quite right.

Nicol instead of Nicholls only makes sense if Wolves need the extra points to sign an 8.5 rider and Hancock is the only one that comes to mind.

I’m expecting Masters and Thorsell.

CVS must be looking at Nicol as a long term asset, even if he has come a year too soon.

Or depending on how many meetings we have during the first month,to see if Morris has progressed sufficiently to keep him in the side before the averages change.This is going against the loyalty process management has shown in the past,but perhaps they've now changed into a more ruthless mentality.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added text.

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think PK is a good second string at best,  a 7 ish average. Killer has a bad year as far as I can see  by reading posts. If offered reasonable money, might give it a go. Do you mean Greg as in Hancock?. I would be surprised with his wifes health and the fact hes 50 and  must be a millionaire?. Riding in the wet and cold on indifferent tracks, and traveling.

Kildemand I think needs the UK league right now to try rebuild his career so hopefully for him he gets to do a good job here.

Yes I do think Hancock could be the surprise. Going with both young Americans at reserve it makes sense.

Ordinarily I’d say Greg would be one of the last to do a full season here, Ditto Pedersen. So just maybe it’s possible. 

Id still prefer Fred. 

Think it will be same as last year  Steve,  with nicol in place of howarth?

54 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think it will be same as last year  Steve,  with nicol in place of howarth?

That’s what the general consensus seems to be, however still can’t see why we would build 2 points below the points limit as the only outstanding rationale.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Time will tell I guess. :wink:

Who thought Nicki P And Kildemand would be back? 

Id agree riders of that standard usually have no interest in riding here and I’ve been banging that drum the past few years.

I really think the switch to Eurosport has perked up the ears of some of the riders as they know they will get extra exposure and I think that’s more to do with NP and PK coming back than money.

id prefer Freddie but can’t see it happening. I’d like Zmarzlik but it won’t happen.

I have a sneaking feeling it’s Greg, and there is as much chance of him coming as Nicki P. 

Ive never known our management build 2 points below the limit before (if it’s Jacob and Sam) so it makes perfect sense that it’s a big hitter.

Hancock ? No, no, no and no again.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Hancock ? No, no, no and no again.

I’m not a fan either but if it’s a big name has to be good. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Tick Tock B)

94C76AA3-BB05-447D-AAF6-BE8F953A00A2 (002).jpg

I saw that photoshop too. 

Whatever the misgivings Wolves fans have about Hancock, the guy is a true legend of the sport and I am sure he will have all the fans respect once he scores a few points.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Whatever the misgivings Wolves fans have about Hancock, the guy is a true legend of the sport and I am sure he will have all the fans respect once he scores a few points.

To be honest hes probably the lesser of 2 evils if bring Pedersen into the equation.

• Like 3