British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

6 hours ago, Col said:

Masters or Thorsell, Wolves fans?

Think you will find it's both ?

7 hours ago, Col said:

One of if the points limit is to be reached. Not bothered which. 

7 hours ago, Col said:

Its both 

Dave Parry has extended his sponsorship on the basis of being happy with  the team plans, Knowing Dave I think he would have expressed his displeasure if those plans were to have a weaker team than last season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why would they build way under the points limit?

I think this is probably a case of the seven riders they really want within their budget and they must feel that the vast majority of them can improve their averages. You could certainly make a case for all of the bottom four to improve quite a bit. 

It would be interesting to see who people can name as sensible / realistic names who could have been signed instead of any of the named seven to make the team closer to the limit and look stronger on paper. 

Edited by Bagpuss

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think this is probably a case of the seven riders they really want within their budget and they must feel that the vast majority of them can improve their averages. You could certainly make a case for all of the bottom four to improve quite a bit. 

It would be interesting to see who people can name as sensible / realistic names who could have been signed instead of any of the named seven to make the team closer to the limit and look stronger on paper. 

Scotty Nicholls for Nichol/Douglas???

29 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Scotty Nicholls for Nichol/Douglas???

Or Howarth instead of Nicol. 7.15 and 5.16 riding for Sheffield in the CL.

Andersen or Nicholls replacing Howarth would have strengthened Wolves and made them favourites.

But Nicol for Howarth weakens them by two points.

It’s bizarre. 

I’m not necessarily saying I agree with their team building if Masters and Thorssell sign but I can understand it to an extent.....there is no improvement in most of those riders named whereas Becker, Douglas and Nicol are all full of potential and you could make a case for Morris sorting himself out. I don’t think a ‘big’ name number one was ever likely either. 

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m not necessarily saying I agree with their team building if Masters and Thorssell sign but I can understand it to an extent.....there is no improvement in most of those riders named whereas Becker, Douglas and Nicol are all full of potential and you could make a case for Morris sorting himself out. I don’t think a ‘big’ name number one was ever likely either. 

Totally agree with Becker, Douglas and Nicol(not fussed about the other 4)but the problem is,as seen in the past at Monmore,fans vote with their feet if things aren't going to plan.

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So in similar vein, would you be happy for Jordan Stewart to come in on a 4 for Kings Lynn and replace Palm Toft (6.3), just because he has some potential?