British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Just a thought Steve I've been going up the Wolves since the late 90s not so much since we've been back except for the last couple of years when I've been a regular again but with us now finished Wolves will unbelievably be my team again. Btw I've no problem with that , in my eyes there's been no rivalry for 20 years. My thought is tho I wonder how much the Wolves fan base will increase next year with Heathens fans still after there speedway fix. There's a fair few who turn up anyway but maybe there will be more next year. It took me about 10 years before I starting wanting Wolves to win instead of the opposition .lol . It was when Billy had a couple of seasons with you and you told me to come over to the dark side lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bruno said:

Just a thought Steve I've been going up the Wolves since the late 90s not so much since we've been back except for the last couple of years when I've been a regular again but with us now finished Wolves will unbelievably be my team again. Btw I've no problem with that , in my eyes there's been no rivalry for 20 years. My thought is tho I wonder how much the Wolves fan base will increase next year with Heathens fans still after there speedway fix. There's a fair few who turn up anyway but maybe there will be more next year. It took me about 10 years before I starting wanting Wolves to win instead of the opposition .lol . It was when Billy had a couple of seasons with you and you told me to come over to the dark side lol

I’ll take all the credit then Bruno:cheers:. But fair play to you although I’m pretty sure you are in a very small minority.

Where I stand there are regularly Heathens fans who shout for the opposition. They hate us!

I think Cradley fans would turn up to see Greg Although still wear their Heathens coats lol.

For long-standing fans of both clubs there will never be another rivalry like it. So it’s hard for any newer fans to fully understand just how bitter that rivalry was. I never shouted once for Billy in those 2 years he was with us. He would be referred to as ‘the rider in blue’ :D

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

What average is Broc Nicol coming in on?

3.23 or 4.00 depending on who you believe.

Will be 4

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Will be 4

Oh well that is a high average considering what he has achieved up to now, as some have said Nicholls surely would have better if they are going with Thorsell and Masters.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Oh well that is a high average considering what he has achieved up to now, as some have said Nicholls surely would have better if they are going with Thorsell and Masters.

They threw all there eggs in getting lindgren and even hancock. Thinking they would get one of them. But as of this point both are still refusing

Wolves still have a good team with JT and masters for me 

26 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

They threw all there eggs in getting lindgren and even hancock. Thinking they would get one of them. But as of this point both are still refusing

“Good”, that’s the word. It could have been very good.

37 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Ok well you would have thought Freddie may have returned for Wolves so maybe that is why at this point their team building seems to be 2 points under the limit unless the delay is because Becker may not return and they go a more strength in depth route .

6 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

3.23 or 4.00 depending on who you believe.

16.2.3 Riders new to SGB Premiership League racing are categorised as follows: -
a) A rider riding in a Professional League in the previous or current season will be assessed on a Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other
Professional Speedway Leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly.
Riders new to SGB Championship League racing are categorised as follows: -
b) A rider riding in a professional league in a previous or current season will enter
on a 5.00 MA
c) A rider who has never ridden in a professional league will enter on a 4.00 MA
d) A new rider who is eligible to participate in the NDL will enter on a 2.00 MA
16.2.4 No rider with a current or previously assessed MA, other than a rider in Art. 16.2.3 d), can drop below 4.00 at any time during the season.

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok well you would have thought Freddie may have returned for Wolves so maybe that is why at this point their team building seems to be 2 points under the limit unless the delay is because Becker may not return and they go a more strength in depth route .

That could well be the case if Becker decides to stay at home next season.Wolves could still retain Masters and Thorssell and bring someone in like Nicholls or Harris and still be under the limit.

Like I've said before the only change will be nicol for howarth........

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

It will all become a lot clearer after the talk in on Tuesday, when they will be discussing their plans

• Like 2

If by any chance, we end up 2 points below the points limit I will be really, really annoyed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

If by any chance, we end up 2 points below the points limit I will be really, really annoyed.

If we do it’s a totally uninspiring line up because when the big heats come up we will get done over because we have no-big hitters

• Like 1