British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

16 hours ago, acef said:

I think you've pinned too much into either Freddie or Hancock agreeing a deal. It's looking like that won't happen now so just the consequence of building a certain way.

It’s only because with the points limit it points to a number one signing with one of JT or SM. If it happens it happens. I’m sure Wolves fans will find out more on Tuesday anyway. It could be an interesting talk in one  way or another. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, pitstop84 said:

Steve your going to get use to team from last year plus broc. But I really do think they will be in the playoffs,  and a surprise or two when the seasons running??

Riddiculas to think success is finishing 4th in a 7 team League. To run a top 4 play off system the league needs 10 teams so we get 4 actual good teams in the play offs . You can't take a 4 team play off system with a 7 team league seriously.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Riddiculas to think success is finishing 4th in a 7 team League. To run a top 4 play off system the league needs 10 teams so we get 4 actual good teams in the play offs . You can't take a 4 team play off system with a 7 team league seriously.

Finishing 1st to 4th at the end of the season is the first success. Makes no difference if that’s 1st or 4th tho. Sweden and Poland don’t have much bigger league systems yet those are measured a success. Sweden ran a season with only 7 teams in recent years. 

In an ideal world we would have 10 - 12 teams in each league plus a proper system for ensuring the next generation have a proper education system towards the top tier. We can all dream tho.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Never understood this thought process. Both Sweden and Poland have ran with 7 team leagues, the 2 strongest nations in this sport, with absolutely no issue.

• Like 2

It could be argued having four from seven will keep the season 'alive' for most of the clubs...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

It could be argued having four from seven will keep the season 'alive' for most of the clubs...

When push comes to shove it's all about the moolah.

So why does Lindgren's website have a section for his SGB Premiership team with TBA written in? Has it been there since he left or is it a new thing? Does it mean anything? Interesting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JCookie said:

So why does Lindgren's website have a section for his SGB Premiership team with TBA written in? Has it been there since he left or is it a new thing? Does it mean anything? Interesting.

Love to see him back, make Sheffield v Wolves meetings interesting! 

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

It also has Elitserin on it with Smederna's badge, he's said he'll be giving that a miss this year.  I'm sure his website has been neglected for a while.

Pretty sure it said the same thing last season

33 minutes ago, Col said:

It also has Elitserin on it with Smederna's badge, he's said he'll be giving that a miss this year.  I'm sure his website has been neglected for a while.

I have a feeling you're right, I certainly wouldn't read too much into that to be honest

Although it's the talk-in tonight no way will they reveal the final 3 riders, except perhaps Becker. They will want to announce these things on their own website instead on social media by fans.

3 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Although it's the talk-in tonight no way will they reveal the final 3 riders, except perhaps Becker. They will want to announce these things on their own website instead on social media by fans.

Hopefully some clues will be gained if it’s likely the expected duo or waiting on ‘someone’.

I just hope I can make it tonight but might not be there till late so might just skip it if I can’t be there 8ish.

Hopefully someone will put some info on tho anyway. 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Hopefully some clues will be gained if it’s likely the expected duo or waiting on ‘someone’.

I just hope I can make it tonight but might not be there till late so might just skip it if I can’t be there 8ish.

Hopefully someone will put some info on tho anyway. 

I just hope it's not going to be the big letdown most of us think it's going to be.

Looking on the bright side, at least it will save me a few bob.

5 hours ago, Eduds1 said:

I just hope it's not going to be the big letdown most of us think it's going to be.

Looking on the bright side, at least it will save me a few bob.

Hopefully more news will filter thru later on the news (I couldn’t make it time sadly).

So far i heard that Hancock has been spoken too as the main news that’s filtered out so far.