British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

So cvs confirming in a video interview with speedwaygb that it will be just one change from last season if all goes to plan

14 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

So cvs confirming in a video interview with speedwaygb that it will be just one change from last season if all goes to plan

Was he referring to the teams in the Premiership or the Wolves team!!!! :D

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

....On a separate note does anyone know if Parrys are still sponsoring next season?

Yes they are. See Wolves website.

In fact "Parrys International" are getting more of my money than Speedway these days! Me and the better half did a Liverpool Concert trip with them last week. Well organised and great value for money. (BSPA take note!).

The drivers' have a good style over the coach microphones.  It would be good to hear Tom & Andy cover a speedway meeting :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yes they are

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Yes they are. See Wolves website.

In fact "Parrys International" are getting more of my money than Speedway these days! Me and the better half did a Liverpool Concert trip with them last week. Well organised and great value for money. (BSPA take note!).

The drivers' have a good style over the coach microphones.  It would be good to hear Tom & Andy cover a speedway meeting :D

I only ask because my dads neighbour commented that there is no mention of Wolves speedway in the new brochure. That’s reassuring then! The neighbours always use Parry’s and say how good they are. 

• Like 1

I think they're relying on riders (Thorsell, Morris and Masters) actually putting a great deal more effort into a lot more of there rides, particularly away from home, on many if not most occasions if not leading after the second bend the amount of effort was palpable trying to make it look like they were trying by twisting the neck of the throttle and lifting down the straights or looking down at the engine.

Edited by Eduds1

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Oh, not the “can’t ride our track” argument!  Yawn.

I recall Peter Karlsson saying how fast Klindt was around Monmore and do you really think the others wouldn’t dial in after a handful of matches?

Klint, fast as a rocket when in front, as slow as a tortoise when behind a rider with not a scooby as to what to do.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Besides, Nicolai has made it clear in the past he doesn't want to ride for us again

A mutually beneficial arrangement !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Totally missing the point. 

The idea of building for the future around two riders is a flawed one in speedway, now more than ever. Should they progress and become top riders, they very likely won't be riding in this country anyway.

You're happy with having a much weaker team than was possible, that's your prerogative.

You're happy yet more fans will stop attending, further weakening the club, that's your prerogative.

Up until the time they don't need the UK, any improvement they make will be beneficial to the team. Your argument is flawed as it implies you should never sign a rider with potenrial.

5 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Up until the time they don't need the UK, any improvement they make will be beneficial to the team. Your argument is flawed as it implies you should never sign a rider with potenrial.

No, it’s not flawed.

If you have 7 points to play with why not sign a 7 pointer with potential rather than a 5 pointer?

You’re 2 points up from the start!

Whichever way you look at it fielding a team with a points total that is likely to be 2 points less than all the opposition is frankly ludicrous, if not stupid. Any improvement in riders averages takes you up to what the others are starting at !!!! If Nicol is so critical, surely they could signed him as an asset, and used him next year ( I have no idea who owns him).

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, it’s not flawed.

If you have 7 points to play with why not sign a 7 pointer with potential rather than a 5 pointer?

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, it’s not flawed.

You are going off on a tangent, your original point was about signing 2 riders with potential who will eventually leave the UK scene. My point is that there is still benefit to the team till you reach that situation.

4 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

You are going off on a tangent, your original point was about signing 2 riders with potential who will eventually leave the UK scene. My point is that there is still benefit to the team till you reach that situation.

Was that BWitcher’s point rather than mine?

I have no problem with signing Nicol as one for the future but falling 2 points short in team building is plain stupid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Was that BWitcher’s point rather than mine?

I have no problem with signing Nicol as one for the future but falling 2 points short in team building is plain stupid.

Sorry wrong quote, but I agree building 2 points below the points limit is almost a criminal offence.

27 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Not at all, I have no problem with signing riders for the future, there is still a basis for that, but not to the extent of building 2pts short of the limit. 

i.e. it should not be used as a defence for doing that.. which I think we agree on.

17 hours ago, DJWolves said:

This video interview was posted by SpeedwayGB on Twitter on 11/12 at 16:20