British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

So you think riders on the way down have no place in a PL winning side?

Riders like Eriksen, Zorro, Skornicki, Watt, Stead, Peter Karlsson and Harris, all picked up on false averages due to previous poor seasons and yet being instrumental in winning a title.

Hans Andersen or Scott Nicholls would have been miles better for Wolves’ title aspirations for 2020.

This is what people don’t get about Lynn signing Proctor. Don’t get me wrong he could be a poor signing but just because he had a bad 2019 doesn’t mean he won’t be a good reserve this coming season. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, acef said:

Wolves could have used those extra 2 points on Andersen and Scott. 

I can guarantee Hans would up that current average of his at Monmore. Easily. I'd argue Scott would as well.

Thorsell

Andersen

Schlein

Nicholls

Masters 

Morris

That's 6 riders they could have picked to build a decent 1 to 5 then gone with lower averaged reserve and still fit in Becker or Nicol.

You say that Acef yet your club has gone for youth the way that I believe is the right way, to go,.That Wolves side you named with another  to. be named scares nobody.ok at home away forget it.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

So you think riders on the way down have no place in a PL winning side?

Riders like Eriksen, Zorro, Skornicki, Watt, Stead, Peter Karlsson and Harris, all picked up on false averages due to previous poor seasons and yet being instrumental in winning a title.

Hans Andersen or Scott Nicholls would have been miles better for Wolves’ title aspirations for 2020.

Yet you have to think farther ahead  than your nose planning ahead to the next season Is pivotal as well...To just say this side might have a chance don't worry about next year is irresponsible a balance is needed I hope Wolves put that side you suggested happy days old and limited.

32 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You say that Acef yet your club has gone for youth the way that I believe is the right way, to go,.That Wolves side you named with another  to. be named scares nobody.ok at home away forget it.

Yes but BV have built to the points limit. That is the most critical difference and you are missing it.

Anyway, it's irrelevant. Wolves haven't deliberately built this way. It's not about youth. They took a chance on getting a number 1 and built around it in case. 

Now they haven't got one. Backfired. It happens.

2 hours ago, acef said:

Yes but BV have built to the points limit. That is the most critical difference and you are missing it.

Anyway, it's irrelevant. Wolves haven't deliberately built this way. It's not about youth. They took a chance on getting a number 1 and built around it in case. 

Always best to build from the top, miss out on a 4.00 reserve it's easy to find a 3.00 replacement, but miss out on a 9.00 number one & it's not easy to find a suitable alternative!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yet you have to think farther ahead  than your nose planning ahead to the next season Is pivotal as well...To just say this side might have a chance don't worry about next year is irresponsible a balance is needed I hope Wolves put that side you suggested happy days old and limited.

Hmmmm ... is that why Swindon didn’t win the league for 45 years?  :)

3 hours ago, acef said:

Depends who you believe. PA said the reason behind the points limit was because they were unsure if Nicol would be a 4 or 6 (not sure what the uncertainty has been around the average as I’ve seen others suggest it would be reassessed to 5/ use his CL converted average/ be a 4/ and now possibly a 6).

Im not convinced the team was built around getting a number one either. Although the evidence on the spare points would certainly point to that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Depends who you believe. PA said the reason behind the points limit was because they were unsure if Nicol would be a 4 or 6 (not sure what the uncertainty has been around the average as I’ve seen others suggest it would be reassessed to 5/ use his CL converted average/ be a 4/ and now possibly a 6).

Im not convinced the team was built around getting a number one either. Although the evidence on the spare points would certainly point to that.

It's an odd commitment to make Steve if you were unsure of the average.

I mean that's the type of situation that causes exactly the situation you are currently in.

I'd have been seeking some very clear clarification before committing to the American

Edited by acef

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What happened to “TNT” on here? Was a prolific poster but haven’t seen him on here for a while..

Don’t think he bothers here anymore. He is prolific on the Wolves Facebook sites. 

11 minutes ago, acef said:

It's an odd commitment to make Steve if you were unsure of the average.

I mean that's the type of situation that causes exactly the situation you are currently in.

I'd have been seeking some very clear clarification before committing to the American

Must admit I’m surprised at the comment. I just think they were planning to use Nicol whatever happened which to me seems odd planning. 

Huge pressure on Broc or the other 6 which is unfair either way. 

Unless the management know something we don’t know it all seems very odd planning. Unless of course there is still a surprise to come at number one although given the comments made it seems both Sam and Jacob will be included.

My own personal thoughts however is that they still have fully committed to both of them because you can sure one of them will be at Ippo/Lynn/Peterborough and they too are holding back announcements. Could be a coincidence of course. :wink:

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What happened to “TNT” on here? Was a prolific poster but haven’t seen him on here for a while..

No loss to be honest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

No loss to be honest.

Whether you agree with people’s opinions or not I’m just pleased he seems to be alive and well. When a prolific poster suddenly stops posting you do have to wonder sometimes. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hmmmm ... is that why Swindon didn’t win the league for 45 years?  :)

Really how would you know ????? you went missing for about twenty years hence the laughable comment about Phil Crump  being a journeyman.!!!!  Swindon have won the league three times since 2010 so they have not done to badly have they? 

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Surprised there was any doubt, I thought it was clear Broc would be on a 4.00 ave? Had it been 6.00 I wouldn't have gone near him!

regarding TNT he dose not go so much since not working behind the scenes and poor health has restricted visits etc