British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Surprised there was any doubt, I thought it was clear Broc would be on a 4.00 ave? Had it been 6.00 I wouldn't have gone near him!

There clearly was doubt.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, Beowulf said:

No loss to be honest.

Bit harsh.

TNT suffered a stroke earlier this year and was quite ill for some time.

He is better now but as anyone who has either experienced or knows someone who has suffered a stroke, it's effects live on.

We didn't always agree (then again we often did) but he is a genuinely nice person to know and a long term keen speedway fan.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 9

On 12/16/2019 at 12:42 AM, szkocjasid said:

Surprised there was any doubt, I thought it was clear Broc would be on a 4.00 ave? Had it been 6.00 I wouldn't have gone near him!

Of course there was never any doubt over his average being 4.00.

The 6.00 nonsense trotted out at the talk in was just to keep the gullibles happy and make them think there was a sensible reason behind it.

40 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Bit harsh.

He is better now but as anyone who has either experienced or knows someone who has suffered a stroke, it's effects live on.

We didn't always agree (then again we often did) but he is a genuinely nice person to know and a long term keen speedway fan.

I didn't know about the stroke, so I apologise for the original  comment and wish him the very best for the future.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The 6.00 nonsense trotted out at the talk in was just to keep the gullibles happy and make them think there was a sensible reason behind it.

Not gullible at all, just the ability to see the bigger picture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Bit harsh.

I wasnt aware of TNTs health issue (I had wondered why he was not posting) 

Best wishes to him :t:

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

The same as applies with the building of 2 points beneath the limit was they were hopeful of bringing in Lindgren or Hancock, only somebody with the IQ of a mump would believe this.

Would love to eat humble pie if Lindgren did come back next season , but don't think this was ever going to happen.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not gullible at all, just the ability to see the bigger picture

He was a 4.00 average. Never ever going to be a 6.00.

The bigger picture was very simple. The promotion tried to make it look like we were going to sign a number one in an effort to sell a few more season tickets.

There was never ever any possibility of Lindgren,  Woffinden or Hancock coming, but following the signing of Pedersen they needed to make it look like they'd tried.

It then came down to cost, the cheapest possible option with an eye for the 'future'. 

You can always make signings for the future, indeed the promotion have done that multiple times over the past 30 years or so...  however they have also NEVER started the season over 2pts below the points limit. That is utterly, utterly inane and there isn't ONE plausible argument that can defend it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eduds1 said:

The same as applies with the building of 2 points beneath the limit was they were hopeful of bringing in Lindgren or Hancock, only somebody with the IQ of a mump would believe this.

Would love to eat humble pie if Lindgren did come back next season , but don't think this was ever going to happen.

100%!

13 minutes ago, 847084 said:

Signing number 5 announced tomorrow.

I’m expecting Becker. 

I’m expecting Hancock or Lindgren.

Otherwise they’ll be two points under the limit.   :)

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I’m expecting Hancock or Lindgren.

Otherwise they’ll be two points under the limit.   :)

Have you got a timespan for long you intend to milk this ?:blink: If so I'll come back when you're finished.

• Like 2