British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

We already know it's not Freddie, it will be Sam. Welcome back Luke

Interesting interview with Sam in the speedway star a few weeks ago saying he was hoping to have a PL club as he is giving up on Sweden.

Seems like Sam was always the back up if we couldn’t tempt a number one. I’m assuming he will be the final announcement, unless of course the management have been bluffing all along. Time will tell I guess. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

On Wolves website?

No, at the talk in a couple of weeks ago, they said both Freddie and Greg weren't interested in UK

15 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No, at the talk in a couple of weeks ago, they said both Freddie and Greg weren't interested in UK

Oh ok I hadn't seen that reported. So a massive cock up then!

Freddie said himself he's not interested in Britain or Sweden for 2020. 

It's on a Polish website that he wants to focus on the GP's and Poland in 2020.

Greg Hancock said he cant commit to Sweden due to family issues so very slim chance he can commit to Britain considering the schedule is busier than Sweden.

If a No.1 does crop up then it more than likely wont be either of those for the reasons the riders have personally given regarding schedules for 2020.

What Wolves are doing is akin to a mother who gives birth to a child but buys a double baby buggy and uses it as a way of "incentivising" the child to behave itself.

4 hours ago, Red Flag said:

I know it won’t happen but would I love Piotr Pawlicki back

Hopefully not

16 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Why?

He walked out on us the last time, what's saying he wouldn't do it again.Leopards don't change their spots.Showed no loyally to the fans or the club.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
Added text

So Wolves have one place still to fill. The conventional wisdom is this is going to be Sam Masters.
But.
If it was going to be Sam, wouldn't they have announced it already?
By my reckoning, that would leave 1.86 points left wanting.
So.
Are the Wolves management, Peter Adams in particular, with his huge experience and association with the very best in the sport, still holding on to the slim hope that a certain former World Champion can be enticed back as part of his swan song? His last British, top tier average fits nicely into 9.21 left.

I'm just whistling in the wind, but hey. You never know.

13 hours ago, False dawn said:

So Wolves have one place still to fill. The conventional wisdom is this is going to be Sam Masters.
But.
If it was going to be Sam, wouldn't they have announced it already?
By my reckoning, that would leave 1.86 points left wanting.
So.
Are the Wolves management, Peter Adams in particular, with his huge experience and association with the very best in the sport, still holding on to the slim hope that a certain former World Champion can be enticed back as part of his swan song? His last British, top tier average fits nicely into 9.21 left.

I'm just whistling in the wind, but hey. You never know.

The other point of view is if you were Masters would you hang on to see if you were second choice with the possibility of no Prem spot or would you look to sign for another club who are still looking for a rider with your average while there are team places left.To me Masters is deffo Wolves bound.

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

The other point of view is if you were Masters would you hang on to see if you were second choice with the possibility of no Prem spot or would you look to sign for another club who are still looking for a rider with your average while there are team places left.To me Masters is deffo Wolves bound.

Or Masters could have told them to go swivel after being treated as 2nd/3rd choice if he knew other tracks wanted him. The delay in announcing him 'could' point to that and that they're desperately scrabbling around trying to find someone to fill the last place:unsure:

59 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Or Masters could have told them to go swivel after being treated as 2nd/3rd choice if he knew other tracks wanted him. The delay in announcing him 'could' point to that and that they're desperately scrabbling around trying to find someone to fill the last place:unsure:

If that's the case you could end up starting the season more than 2 points under the limit.

• Like 1