British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

On 12/24/2019 at 7:38 AM, foreverblue said:

Has to be Freddie now or they have made a massive cock up. Im going for massive cock up!! 

Giving Sam Masters has been confirmed as the last signing then your massive cock up theory has happened. IMO Wolves will need changes once the averages sort themselves out if they are to challenge this season, they are bound to have a decent home record but not much happening on the road.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 5:46 PM, False dawn said:

So Wolves have one place still to fill. The conventional wisdom is this is going to be Sam Masters.
But.
If it was going to be Sam, wouldn't they have announced it already?
By my reckoning, that would leave 1.86 points left wanting.
So.
Are the Wolves management, Peter Adams in particular, with his huge experience and association with the very best in the sport, still holding on to the slim hope that a certain former World Champion can be enticed back as part of his swan song? His last British, top tier average fits nicely into 9.21 left.

I'm just whistling in the wind, but hey. You never know.

I guess I never really thought it would happen, but I'm sentimental enough to have hoped. :(

Perhaps he'll sign for Peterborough :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seems a pretty tired effort it has to be said. 

Think it’s obvious the Top Men don’t want to ride in Britain,it’s the place to wind down their career with some easy money.

47 minutes ago, screm said:

Giving Sam Masters has been confirmed as the last signing then your massive cock up theory has happened. IMO Wolves will need changes once the averages sort themselves out if they are to challenge this season, they are bound to have a decent home record but not much happening on the road.

You would like to think that they have a plan in place to change it mid season , they should have most of their spare points available for a while and it could just be a decent strategy in the end. For the management to say everything is in place now so we can announce the signing of Masters surely cannot be believed as an excuse why it has taken so long to release that news.

Edited by foreverblue

So, no surprise that it’s Sam but I still think it’s barmy building to nearly 2 points under the limit.

However on paper it’s not that bad a side with scope to improve for at least 6 of the riders. 

Steve I do really think the team will be up there in top half of the league.  And I've was told they have a new track guy with a lot  of experience?

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You would like to think that they have a plan in place to change it mid season , they should have most of their spare points available for a while and it could just be a decent strategy in the end. For the management to say everything is in place now so we can announce the signing of Masters surely cannot be believed as an excuse why it has taken so long to release that news.

It's not a strategy. They wanted Hancock or Lindgren. It failed. They got Masters.

Still better than the King's Lynn team though.

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

We didn’t make the final.

Could have, should have, would have. We made it and well earned.

The point is that the original comment compared the Stars strength this season is similar to Wolves (if Masters is confirmed). The Wolves performed way better than the Stars. 

Steve who said you didn't deserve it, you said you made it with ease, you didn't, you fell over the line and were fortunate to make it, and this year's team is on paper weaker.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

The reality of what happened is Wolves made it and Belle Vue didnt, its as simple as that. 

Wolves probably lost silly points they should of got over the season as did BV. Its speedway. 

You need to follow the thread pal and see what Acef was actually responding too.

Let's be clear nobody has a strategy to build a team so far under the limit.  They have ballsed up, no matter how much they change the team later in the season.

2 hours ago, acef said:

It's not a strategy. They wanted Hancock or Lindgren. It failed. They got Masters.

Still better than the King's Lynn team though.

It means Wolves have the scope to strengthen mid season more easily than other teams so it could be a good plan. 

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It means Wolves have the scope to strengthen mid season more easily than other teams so it could be a good plan. 

I don’t see it that way because if all the riders we expect to improve do then those extra points will soon be gobbled up.

However if we get off to a poor start there will be massive scope to bring in a big hitter assuming someone is expecting to come of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

By then though they could be playing catch up, dangerous game IMO.