British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, screm said:

By then though they could be playing catch up, dangerous game IMO.

If this goes balls up from the start,there won't be many there,to see us playing catch up.As one of his main rivals,bet Rossiter can't believe his luck.

• Like 2

Welcome back Sam.

I can't see any logic building 2 pts under strength but there is a 'hope' that Morris can get close to his pre injury 2017 average of 8.77.

I think we have a decent team and one where a few of the riders can increase their average. But if you look at last season’s champions then Swindon had a combined average of well over 46. So to be as good as them this Wolves team needs to improve its combined average by over 5 points. Just ain’t going to happen

Will Wolves make a pre-season change and replace Nicol with Nicholls?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, rjsj9803 said:

Welcome back Sam.

I can't see any logic building 2 pts under strength but there is a 'hope' that Morris can get close to his pre injury 2017 average of 8.77.

Yeah, Bob and No

16 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

That’s assuming Nicholls isn’t somewhere else

6 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Seems like the sensible thing to do, all we've done is replace Howarth with Nicol.

We now have 2 riders ( 3 if you include Becker ) having to learn how to ride Monmore in Douglas and Nicol plus the 2 points we could have used for better/more experienced rider(s).

Edited by Eduds1

43 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Would have thought no, one on an upward curve, one on a downward one, alienate Broc Nicol now and he may never ride for you again, would be someone else's gain though. 

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

If they wanted Nicholls they would have signed him. Would have seemed the logical thing to do.

They are putting a lot of faith in Nicol to deliver.

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

If they wanted Nicholls they would have signed him. Would have seemed the logical thing to do.

They are putting a lot of faith in Nicol to deliver.

Don't blame / put the pressure on Nicol...

I've been raised on:

Holmqvist

Airey

Hunter (Norman)

Olsen

Ermolenko

Lindgren....

(Not Woffinden... yet...)

#1 should draw the crowd and be paid (very) well.

If CVS says it's Sam M. Then Sam... it's your choice....

- keep a lower average and ride both divisions. ..

Or make 13 &Ht 15 home & away your own??

I reckon you can do it :cheers:

• Like 1

Get the white coat brigade out, 2 points under the limit :D Finally, CVS & Grizzly have lost the plot.

4 hours ago, Col said:

Get the white coat brigade out, 2 points under the limit :D Finally, CVS & Grizzly have lost the plot.

Col do you think it is possible worst scenario for me that Swindon could lose 1 point on Batchelor , 1 point on Jensen, .5 of a point on Stewart and 1 point on Rowe on there averages.I can't see it  hopefully not but it is very possible.

Batchelor won't dip much if at all, he's where he likes to be at Swindon with no pressure of being #1. Sheffield will suit him more than Poole.

Jensen could dip, he had a breakthrough year in the UK. Beyond that he was still pretty feeble in the Eliteserin when I saw it on TV.

Haven't seen other two riders mentioned at all 

In top tier still more to come from Ellis (hopefully) &. Perks (certainly), I think.

Swindon should make the playoffs. Injuries aside 

44 minutes ago, Col said:

Batchelor won't dip much if at all, he's where he likes to be at Swindon with no pressure of being #1. Sheffield will suit him more than Poole.

Jensen could dip, he had a breakthrough year in the UK. Beyond that he was still pretty feeble in the Eliteserin when I saw it on TV.

In top tier still more to come from Ellis (hopefully) &. Perks (certainly), I think.

A very balanced and fair post.

6 hours ago, Col said:

I would agree Sheffield will suit him better than Poole although he's had some pretty decent meetings at Poole over the years.