British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

On 1/12/2020 at 11:44 AM, gazzac said:

Would have thought no, one on an upward curve, one on a downward one, alienate Broc Nicol now and he may never ride for you again, would be someone else's gain though. 

If Wolves are keen to avoid upsetting, or developing Nicol, presumably as they see him figuring in future years, isn't there a bit of a snag with that? 

I'm presuming that Nicol is an "asset" of Sheffield, and so in future seasons he could be included in their team, regardless of any "investment" Wolves have made in developing him.

Unless Wolves have or are about to pay a transfer fee to Sheffield?

On 1/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

If Wolves are keen to avoid upsetting, or developing Nicol, presumably as they see him figuring in future years, isn't there a bit of a snag with that? 

I'm presuming that Nicol is an "asset" of Sheffield, and so in future seasons he could be included in their team, regardless of any "investment" Wolves have made in developing him.

Don't go ruining the 'excuse'! 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 5:23 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

Being an asset means nothing these days if said rider doesn't want to ride for them. They will take the loan fee instead. 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Being an asset means nothing these days if said rider doesn't want to ride for them. They will take the loan fee instead. 

Indeed, is Nicki Pedersen still a Wolves asset? Both parties hated each other, but Wolves got a healthy loan fee from Eastie for all those years in the 2000's. On that point if he is, has a 'deal' been done on fees with off setting Broc's loan fee against Pedersen's for this season I wonder?

18 hours ago, gazzac said:

Indeed, is Nicki Pedersen still a Wolves asset? Both parties hated each other, but Wolves got a healthy loan fee from Eastie for all those years in the 2000's. On that point if he is, has a 'deal' been done on fees with off setting Broc's loan fee against Pedersen's for this season I wonder?

He is still an asset.

4 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

He is still an asset.

VERY much doubt that Nicki would consider himself anyone's asset... which, of course, he isn't

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

VERY much doubt that Nicki would consider himself anyone's asset... which, of course, he isn't

Take your point to a degree, but apart from Wolves I would imagine every team he's ridden for would have thought him an asset in the time he was with them. Be interesting to see what Sheffield think  come the end of the season.

22 hours ago, gazzac said:

Take your point to a degree, but apart from Wolves I would imagine every team he's ridden for would have thought him an asset in the time he was with them. Be interesting to see what Sheffield think  come the end of the season.

And I still imagine Wolves will still get an asset fee?

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And I still imagine Wolves will still get an asset fee?

So he is an asset to everyone then in one form or another, love or loath him! 

6 hours ago, gazzac said:

So he is an asset to everyone then in one form or another, love or loath him! 

I wish we had no connection to the most unpopular rider in recent history. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, acef said:

A very balanced and fair post.

No particular order Belle Vue,  Ipswich, Swindon, Wolves for the playoff places i believe.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, stevebrum said:

I wish we had no connection to the most unpopular rider in recent history. 

He might be unpopular but he brings the people in.

Chances are he will average more than any of our heat leaders.

4 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

Bring the people in to boo him I’d imagine. 

53 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Bring the people in to boo him I’d imagine. 

That is still bringing people in though, more people more money, perhaps Sheffield should charge a fee to all the other clubs for increasing their gates

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

No chance whatsoever he won't!