British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

That is still bringing people in though, more people more money, perhaps Sheffield should charge a fee to all the other clubs for increasing their gates

I’m delighted any big name is back in British Speedway and it will add to any gate that much is a fact.

However sadly I think it will need several more coming back to save crowds dwindling gradually. I really hope the likes of Nicki coming back does encourage some stay always to come back however I think it’s a limited amount of people that will show an interest tho sadly.

i really hope crowds are up to prove to the promoters that we need the bigger boys back to help bring more fans back to watching live.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m delighted any big name is back in British Speedway and it will add to any gate that much is a fact.

However sadly I think it will need several more coming back to save crowds dwindling gradually. I really hope the likes of Nicki coming back does encourage some stay always to come back however I think it’s a limited amount of people that will show an interest tho sadly.

i really hope crowds are up to prove to the promoters that we need the bigger boys back to help bring more fans back to watching live.

Which big name rider did you manage to get in the end haha.

1 hour ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Which big name rider did you manage to get in the end haha.

None, like Belle Vue, like Ipswich and Peterborough (quite likely).

Doesnt mean to say they didn’t try. Either way we are still good enough for a top 4 place. 

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

None, like Belle Vue, like Ipswich and Peterborough (quite likely).

Doesnt mean to say they didn’t try. Either way we are still good enough for a top 4 place. 

We've got one. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

We've got one. 

Who? Even if it is Iversen hes not a big name 

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Ridiculous comment.former world no3, current GP rider, former fan favourite and locally based !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Maybe not on the world stage any more but still a GP rider and in the context of Britain he’s still a big name I’d argue, albeit one coming to the twilight of his career. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe not on the world stage any more but still a GP rider and in the context of Britain he’s still a big name I’d argue, albeit one coming to the twilight of his career. 

good few years younger than Hancock, if NKI could gate as good as hancock and had bikes as fast as Hancock, NKI is still talented enough to rule British speedway along side Doyle, the question is "does he want to"

On 1/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, castrolargh said:

Ridiculous comment.former world no3, current GP rider, former fan favourite and locally based !

Never truly been at the very top of the sport.. not a particularly exciting rider to watch and doesnt bring the x factor that Pedersen brings.. 

10 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Never truly been at the very top of the sport.. not a particularly exciting rider to watch and doesnt bring the x factor that Pedersen brings.. 

Not exciting! He certainly was when he passed Nicki P a couple of years ago at Cardiff! Got a massive cheer too!

36 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

How many have been at the top of the sport?

World number 3 , dominated the Polish and UK leagues for a couple of seasons and id say is pretty exciting to watch and has been right back from his Newport days. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pinny said:

How many have been at the top of the sport?

World number 3 , dominated the Polish and UK leagues for a couple of seasons and id say is pretty exciting to watch and has been right back from his Newport days. 

Still top class and i remember him from the Gjedde era, always pretty exciting to watch and is still well capable of mixing it in the GPS he has a few Danish title's to.

Personally I think the Wolves team will surprise a few people and will make the play offs despite being 2 points under the limit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1