British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Maybe out of place not being a Wolves supporter, you've got what team you've got, is it not time to get behind it? Always been a Scott fan and he rode for my team(Eastie)when we won the KO Cup against the 'all conquering ' Poole a good few year's ago, but having seen Broc last year I wouldn't be surprised if he'd have a higher average than Scott at the end of this season. Still think you'll get in the playoffs, and by that time Broc could be a major player in the outcome. Yet to be seen, but the end of season team average is more important than the start, all the aim is now is to get in the play offs, and genuinely think you've as much chance with Broc as you would have with Scott. 

Who isn't behind it?

For what it's worth I still think they'll reach the playoffs too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

So we can ignore averages? in that case its an awful team should of gone with 

1. Woffinden 

2. Lindgren 

3. Madsen 

4. Doyle

5. Zmarlik 

6. Dudek 

7. Sayfutdinov 

to be serious I haven't seen anyone say that the Wolves team isn't good just that it was stupid to build 2pts under the limit which there is no argument for.. it is a good team but it should and could of been stronger at it was stupid not to make it so

Well that team would never happen

Because Doyle is riding for Swindon :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's not a question of what if's.. it's a case of building the strongest side you can within the limits, the stronger you are, the more chance of dealing with the 'what ifs' that will crop up.

With a side built to the limit you can cope with a 'What if' going wrong, if  a few of the other 'What ifs go right'.

With one built two pts short, it only needs a 'what if' going wrong and you're in trouble already.

Of course it’s a question of “what ifs”; isn’t one of the skills to pick improvers, which is a “what if” prediction?

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Of course it’s a question of “what ifs”; isn’t one of the skills to pick improvers, which is a “what if” prediction?

Try reading the post again.

When you look at this Wolves side for me it has a nice balance to it, a definite playoff position awaits yet some muppets on here are more concerned about the averages.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:44 PM, BWitcher said:

It's not a question of what if's.. it's a case of building the strongest side you can within the limits, the stronger you are, the more chance of dealing with the 'what ifs' that will crop up.

With a side built to the limit you can cope with a 'What if' going wrong, if  a few of the other 'What ifs go right'.

With one built two pts short, it only needs a 'what if' going wrong and you're in trouble already.

If there is a problem with the side i am sure the promotion will make a  quick change. By using the other two points up just for the sake of it does not mean the side will be any stronger..Maybe the promotion looked at certain sides with the extra two points used and felt this side was  still more attractive.What  you do  not quite grasp is the fact that the promotion might believe they have a core of a future team in Becker, Douglas, Nicol . As DC2 said there were few alternatives available anyway who were any better than the six they had.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, Sidney the robin said:

When you look at this Wolves side for me it has a nice balance to it, a definite playoff position awaits yet some muppets on here are more concerned about the averages.

So people who disagree with you are muppets?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not you personally no but haven't you grasped the fact that Witcher is always right,and to get his own way he argues you into submission.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

You have to understand Sidney.

He doesn't base how good a rider is by how many races they win.

He can just tell. He could watch 4 riders race 50 times.. but the results of those races wouldn't influence him in the slightest. Never mind if Rider 1 ends up with an 11pt average at the end of it.. FORGET AVERAGES he likes to say, they're meaningless. Rider 4 who averaged 0.50 is better.

I think the speedway rules have been devised by muppets personally. The team scoring the most pts winning matches..FORGET THE PTS! Let's have Sidney judge each race and award style pts to who he thinks is best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

You have to understand Sidney.

He doesn't base how good a rider is by how many races they win.

He can just tell. He could watch 4 riders race 50 times.. but the results of those races wouldn't influence him in the slightest. Never mind if Rider 1 ends up with an 11pt average at the end of it.. FORGET AVERAGES he likes to say, they're meaningless. Rider 4 who averaged 0.50 is better.

I think the speedway rules have been devised by muppets personally. The team scoring the most pts winning matches..FORGET THE PTS! Let's have Sidney judge each race and award style pts to who he thinks is best.

Funny that when riders posted great averages in yesteryear you belittled them you can't have it both ways.I  tried to sway my way of thinking tried to give you the benefit of the doubt  but  you and Orion are both  complete a....       the worst two on the forum.

Think it will be a huge benefit to both Wolves and Luke Becker that he will be doubling up with Somerset.Can't  think of a better track than than the Oak Tree Arena where he can hone his skills and push on with his development. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nick Morris is heading back to Oz. :shock:

5F9DA580-6A58-4C39-AFDC-ABF02D169393.jpeg

I understand Ryan Douglas has gone with him.

• Confused 1

I am sure they have looked at it carefully and decided that UK speedway is grinding to a halt here for at least three months. With No income ( or very little ) it will be chaeaper to live "at home" - even with the cost of flying back again IF the season gets underway later in the summer.

• Thanks 1