British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Just spotted this on the Monmore Green Greyhounds webpage. 

We remain in conversations with the local authority at Monmore and plan to reopen on October 1st.

The past 6 months have been a horribly frustrating and difficult time for all associated with our tracks, but it is our owners who have been most affected. They been incredibly loyal and patient since we went into lockdown in March and even with a reduced capacity it is so important that we have been able to find a way of reopening which will allow them back to the track to see their greyhounds run.

We remain genuinely thankful for their support and look forward to welcoming them back. Tables will be reserved in areas at all tracks for owners to give them priority access as we expect demand to be high with the reduced numbers we are having to operate to.

Monmore will be operating at around 25% of our usual capacity due to the restrictions we have in place and pre booking will be required for all meetings.

We have been in constant conversations with local authorities & DCMS over the past few weeks and months and have produced extremely detailed plans which fully integrate all aspects of social distancing requirements and provide an environment which will keep our staff and customers safe – this has to be our absolute priority. I am sure our customers will respect this having had similar restrictions imposed in all walks of life over the past few months.

Monmore will offer a table only service in bar, restaurant & fast food areas with access to terracing assigned and restricted to the different areas.

It's hard to gauge as on better nights people are crammed in down the home straight.

Not really viable for dining at speedway.

I would guess that max 25% standing outside would be 400-500 to be safe.

Can't see that being viable unless they try to nick the Heathens NDL title (dons tin hat). 

5 hours ago, HGould said:

It's hard to gauge as on better nights people are crammed in down the home straight.

Not really viable for dining at speedway.

I would guess that max 25% standing outside would be 400-500 to be safe.

Can't see that being viable unless they try to nick the Heathens NDL title (dons tin hat). 

Just under 400 was the figure i saw.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

if only they hadn't blocked off the back straight standing area years and years ago

And the third and fourth bend. It was a good view from there.

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Just under 400 was the figure i saw.

Lower than I thought

Waste of time CVS running with those figures 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, noaksey said:

Lower than I thought

Waste of time CVS running with those figures 

I can't see any greyhound stadiums allowing speedway events this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I can't see any greyhound stadiums allowing speedway events this year.

You are probably right

I hoped we would be able to run the Olympique but on that sort of crowd it would be a waste of time anyway 

This weeks guest on Talk Speedway Podcast’s My Life In Speedway series is former Wolves man David Howe 

Hear about his move to Wolves, his love for the club and the reason for his year away at Oxford 

Listen at talkspeedway.co.uk or by searching for talk speedway on Spotify, iTunes or your podcast app

On 9/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, noaksey said:

You are probably right

I hoped we would be able to run the Olympique but on that sort of crowd it would be a waste of time anyway 

been announced today no meetings until 2021 

• Like 1

27 years ago today.... 25/10/1993.

Wolves  53 - Belle Vue  54.

What a way to lose a League Title :(

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

27 years ago today.... 25/10/1993.

Wolves  53 - Belle Vue  54.

What a way to lose a League Title :(

But what a way to win one!!B)

I can still see Bobby and Jason going around turns one and two and realising both had a lead over Henka and PK as they went down the back straight..

Then the longest approximate minute of my life followed..

The track grader picking up the Wolves fallers bike (Wainwright?),  gifted us the 5-0 which gave us a chance after being eight down with just a few races left..

27 years ago....? Wow...

What a night..

• Like 1