British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

On 10/25/2020 at 9:07 PM, mikebv said:

But what a way to win one!!B)

I can still see Bobby and Jason going around turns one and two and realising both had a lead over Henka and PK as they went down the back straight..

Then the longest approximate minute of my life followed..

The track grader picking up the Wolves fallers bike (Wainwright?),  gifted us the 5-0 which gave us a chance after being eight down with just a few races left..

27 years ago....? Wow...

What a night..

and us diehards still  waiting for the next one.

54 minutes ago, hyderd said:

and us diehards still  waiting for the next one.

Been a few near misses..

But also a good many 'no where nears'...:D

A shame this season didnt happen as with Lidsey at reserve it could have been a title winning year..

I bet he gets a re-assessed 7 point average next year now!!:D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Been a few near misses..

A shame this season didnt happen as with Lidsey at reserve it could have been a title winning year..

Depends whether your club officials are considered to have been "naughty"at any time recently & as such require some form of punishment.:D

38 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Been a few near misses..

Yes Jaimon has had a great year over in Poland, he could still struggle on the smaller trick tracks over here.

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Been a few near misses..

Thats if he rides over here next year after his success this season in Poland. He may decide like Lambert and few others that he doesn't need the UK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Depends whether your club officials are considered to have been "naughty"at any time recently & as such require some form of punishment.:D

none of the present officials and owners !! 

41 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Thats if he rides over here next year after his success this season in Poland. He may decide like Lambert and few others that he doesn't need the UK.

That’s a fair point, now that he’s established himself in Poland Lidsey might give GB a miss.Riding here is low on the agenda for most of the top men.

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Wouldnt surprise me if he did..

Gone are the days that to make it to the top that you had to ride over here on the various size circuits, and with the big money to be earned in Poland on tracks of a similar size, riding against the very best to benchmark yourself, it could even be seen by some as a retrograde step riding against a lesser standard over here..

I would imagine keeping your sharpness and competitive edge riding against the very best would be the priority of riders like Lidsey, who are getting ever closer to the top level..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wouldnt surprise me if he did..

Gone are the days that to make it to the top that you had to ride over here on the various size circuits, and with the big money to be earned in Poland on tracks of a similar size, riding against the very best to benchmark yourself, it could even be seen by some as a retrograde step riding against a lesser standard over here..

I would imagine keeping your sharpness and competitive edge riding against the very best would be the priority of riders like Lidsey, who are getting ever closer to the top level..

I can only add I am glad I watched my speedway in the 60’s and 70’s, when British speedway was a “who’s who” of the world’s best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

I can only add I am glad I watched my speedway in the 60’s and 70’s, when British speedway was a “who’s who” of the world’s best.

..... and you could have a beer (or two) in the bar with the riders at the end of the meeting!!!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, geoff58 said:

none of the present officials and owners !! 

Didn't think for one second that they were.:D  I was just trying to highlight  the motive behind some average adjustments that have been carried out in the past.

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Didn't think for one second that they were.:D  I was just trying to highlight  the motive behind some average adjustments that have been carried out in the past.

Adams & CVS have pulled some tricks out in the past for sure !! :nono:

• Haha 1

This week’s guest on ‘My Life in Speedway’ from the Talk Speedway Podcast is former Glasgow, Wolverhampton, Berwick, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Redcar man James Grieves 

Listen here 

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/1V0LtxcH4xElJLdLjCVzkp?si=BwX9hCDAQH-I5ejZOwp-pg

itunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/my-life-in-speedway-with-james-grieves/id1485785964?i=1000498714499

on www.talkspeedway.co.uk or by searching for talk speedway on your podcast app of choice 

I appreciate that this page hasn't seen anything happen for over 2 months. Perhaps an update from 2020 to 2021 in the heading can be done?

It might generate some interest in the further dilution of a so called Premiership as the team news drip feeds out. 

Happy New Year to you all. Keep smilin'  :D

12 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I appreciate that this page hasn't seen anything happen for over 2 months. Perhaps an update from 2020 to 2021 in the heading can be done?

It might generate some interest in the further dilution of a so called Premiership as the team news drip feeds out. 

Happy New Year to you all. Keep smilin'  :D

Much of the same I would expect.

S. Masters 7.35
J. Thorssell 7.33
R. Schlein 6.65
N. Morris 5.38 or L. Becker 5.27
R. Douglas 4.66
B. Nicol 4.00

34.37 or 34.26