British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Team to beat so far.Decent top 3 and i assume it's Becker and Douglas at 2nd strings,Nicol at reserve.

Yes looks a well balanced team to me.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes looks a well balanced team to me.

It could be the team to beat if they could get Tom brennan as the young star at No 7 ? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

It could be the team to beat if they could get Tom brennan as the young star at No 7 ? 

Thats the one I was thinking off too as rode at monmore for Cradley if I remember.

Just now, Wolfie456 said:

Thats the one I was thinking off too as rode at monmore for Cradley if I remember.

Yes true and if I remember rode very well also a very similar track to eastbourne 

7 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Yes true and if I remember rode very well also a very similar track to eastbourne 

Don't try saying that to Tai , loved the Wolves track, hated it at Arlington, remember a half time interview and in his usual family friendly way on the mike said "I fu****g hate the place" and that was before he had his hand injury there. 

Anyway Tom would be great for you at No7.

32 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

so what's the difference with nicol/becker/masters who are riding in polish lower leagues  who will have to travel back from poland every weekend to ride at wolves on a monday night and on a thursday if they ride here for a wolves match fly straight back out again to ride in poland again and so it continues all season !! so why Thorsell can't do this also ?? doesn't matter that they live here they are still all travelling from abroad !!

Edited by GAH

11 minutes ago, GAH said:

so what's the difference with nicol/becker/masters who are riding in polish lower leagues  who will have to travel back from poland every weekend to ride at wolves on a monday night and on a thursday if they ride here for a wolves match fly straight back out again to ride in poland again and so it continues all season !! so why Thorsell can't do this also ?? doesn't matter that they live here they are still all travelling from abroad !!

He has  to travel to Poland on a Saturday UK on a Monday back to Sweden on a Tuesday then maybe UK again on the Thursday  then Poland again.Even you must see this is going to be difficult in these times plus there's not as many flights as previously.As for the others as far as we know they may have ditched Poland for this year preferring to ride in 2 leagues here.

48 minutes ago, GAH said:

Think you may find it's more to do with available flights into Sweden and cost on a Tuesday 

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Don't try saying that to Tai , loved the Wolves track, hated it at Arlington, remember a half time interview and in his usual family friendly way on the mike said "I fu****g hate the place" and that was before he had his hand injury there. 

Anyway Tom would be great for you at No7.

Monmore is about twice the width of Arlington :D 

Many who attend Eastbourne regularly enjoy their speedway and I respect that but it’s without doubt the worst racetrack I’ve been to, far too narrow and tight. 

Edited by Bagpuss

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Monmore is about twice the width of Arlington :D 

Many who attend Eastbourne regularly enjoy their speedway and I respect that but it’s without doubt the worst racetrack I’ve been too, far too narrow and tight. 

I've been a few times,has certainly improved over the years and they now put on a good show down there,the racing is pretty good too.its a small technical track yes but I think that they make for better racing.nss being the exception.if the track is ridden in an attacking manner then the riders reap the rewards.

Edited by Moranboys

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

He has  to travel to Poland on a Saturday UK on a Monday back to Sweden on a Tuesday then maybe UK again on the Thursday  then Poland again.Even you must see this is going to be difficult in these times plus there's not as many flights as previously.As for the others as far as we know they may have ditched Poland for this year preferring to ride in 2 leagues here.

doubtful with the signing on fee they get for polish clubs even in lower league  !!they have already been named in polish teams !!

A team full of riders who can improve there averages, the secret to success in speedway.

Ryan Douglas is flying in OZ, Nick Morris can surely improve on an average which came about after injury. Becker could be anything and Nicol should be a trump card at reserve, particularly once he masters Monmore.

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

wrong masters riding for reznow becker riding for Lodz thorsell is riding for opole in poland and has for his swedish team dackarna becker is riding for them also so if he can do it so can do it no reason thorsell can't because becker is doing exactly what you are saying is difficult ??? also morris is riding in danish league for reg /vardy so plenty wolves riders travelling in and out of the country !!