British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

The Wolves look favourites for the title.

Depends on a heat leader emerging

Masters should be a decent enough number 1, Rory will be a steady 3rd heat leader. Need Morris or Becker or Douglas to step up, otherwise team looks good all round 

• Haha 1

Apologies if this has already been covered, I can see a few posts on the subject, but have Wolves made any official announcements on how many will be allowed to attend the early meetings?

I'm not someone who wants to go every week, but Belle Vue and Ipswich at Monmore early in the season is very tempting, especially as tbh like many others these last 12 months have been bad for the old noggin.

Any info gratefully accepted.

1 minute ago, noaksey said:

Nothing at all bar the generic Premiership tickets will go in sale 11 May 

Thanks, I take it you mean season tickets?

No tickets full stop I believe.

As far as I know all PL tracks are announcing details on that date

47 minutes ago, noaksey said:

No tickets full stop I believe.

As far as I know all PL tracks are announcing details on that date

Ok, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Just noticed it's £19 this season, not sure that's a good idea with the diluted product. Maybe lose a few fans? Luckily for me I suppose, il pay £16 after the first few meetings. How did that happen lol. Thought there may be more details on the web site by now with tickets on sale Tuesday

Have any riders been announced for the opening individual a week tomorrow?

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Have any riders been announced for the opening individual a week tomorrow?

Haven't seen anything. Presume something will appear after Boris gives the green light tomorrow for May 17th start. 

Speculation as to the line up would be limited as only Wolves and P'borough from the PL are not riding on the 17th. One of my chums suggested our riders might have to guest at either BV vs Sheffield or the K.Lynn vs Ipswich meetings. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think I may give the first meeting a miss, £19 plus poor line up by the looks of it. Will wait till the line ups announced I think. Just told my brother £19 and he's having second thoughts at that price. Up the pub maybe

Edited by bruno

8 hours ago, bruno said:

I'm beginning to think I may give the first meeting a miss, £19 plus poor line up by the looks of it. Will wait till the line ups announced I think. Just told my brother £19 and he's having second thoughts at that price. Up the pub maybe

I was told at Lydd yesterday that some tracks will be charging £20, plus programme and parking. An astronomical amount for such a watered down product.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I was told at Lydd yesterday that some tracks will be charging £20, plus programme and parking. An astronomical amount for such a watered down product.

Another nail in the coffin for British Speedway. 

Not worth that by any means. And they wonder why they will get sod all fans through the gates.

I'm not sure i understand the questioning of the small increase on entrance prices.

Pubs have put beer up, hotels have put there rates up. Everyone is going to have to claw back some lost revenue after being out of business for such an extended period, speedway is no different.

Most supporters will be super eager to get back into stadia and watch racing....can't please everyone though, thats the way it goes.

I think £20 for a good night out is ok, all things considered, even though i'd be happy if it was less :drink:.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

I'm not sure i understand the questioning of the small increase on entrance prices.

Pubs have put beer up, hotels have put there rates up. Everyone is going to have to claw back some lost revenue after being out of business for such an extended period, speedway is no different.

Most supporters will be super eager to get back into stadia and watch racing....can't please everyone though, thats the way it goes.

I think £20 for a good night out is ok, all things considered, even though i'd be happy if it was less :drink:.

Agree everything is going up,seems people are even happy paying double for a holiday in the UK to what they have paid before.Yet people worry about an extra £1.

I expect the issue people have is that we are paying more for a weaker product....no Lambert, Doyle, Fricke, Thorsell, Tungate etc compared to last time but more to get in. Pubs won’t be serving weaker beer or hotels offering less comfortable beds you’d imagine!

• Like 4