British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Probably more likely to be at risk of contracting the Indian variant in Wolverhampton than Brighton

Agreed ! 

56 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

Agreed ! 

I can say something visa versa about Wolverhampton / Brighton but I won't because I'll probably be banned.         My ex wife comes from Brighton,and I've been going down there for over 30 years,and believe me I've seen things down there that wouldn't happen in Wolverhampton.So don't talk such rubbish.Covid cases in Wolverhampton are no worse than anywhere else in the country.

• Like 2

Promotions must have realised when they decided to run in 2021 that the same expenses with less crowds wasn't going to work, sad as it is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Red Flag said:

For Christ’s sake

Take you conspiracy  sh*t back on to the non Speedway threads and play with your mates 

None so blind.

If CVS pulls stumps I guess that'll still be a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Silly.

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

I can say something visa versa about Wolverhampton / Brighton but I won't because I'll probably be banned.         My ex wife comes from Brighton,and I've been going down there for over 30 years,and believe me I've seen things down there that wouldn't happen in Wolverhampton.So don't talk such rubbish.Covid cases in Wolverhampton are no worse than anywhere else in the country.

No criticism pal of Wolverhampton I was just agreeing with the poster that the West Midlands has been hit harder than some other parts of the country that’s all ! 

GO FUND ME PAGE.                                                                                                                                                                                              https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-wolverhampton-speedway?qid=1f013308ea3f94d45866e439de2bcf51

• Like 1

As an Ipswich fan I was at Monmore last week when you trimmed us up. However more importantly a fantastic venue that it is cannot be lost and this is the problem when government gives local authorities powers.

At foxhall last week for the lynn meeting many people reckon the crowd was nearer 3000 than the 2000 'officially' allowed.

Unfortunately all those that have agreed with these ridiculous restrictions and the strangling of the economy may very soon get what they wish for unfortunately!

10 hours ago, RebelDan said:

No criticism pal of Wolverhampton I was just agreeing with the poster that the West Midlands has been hit harder than some other parts of the country that’s all ! 

Sorry Dan,I was a bit riled by the original post I suppose.Think covid posts should be banned by the admin on here,it's been a stressful 18 months for everybody,let's just talk about speedway. 

• Like 3

Birmingham have now put their season on hold until July 1st.  They won't be the first, and I expect Wolves to follow suit shortly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Sorry Dan,I was a bit riled by the original post I suppose.Think covid posts should be banned by the admin on here,it's been a stressful 18 months for everybody,let's just talk about speedway. 

No worries Tommy ! I agree with you let’s keep it about the Speedway - good health to you and your loved ones pal. 

14 hours ago, noaksey said:

Bacon retired 

well this not had any discussion!

Cant see very much, if any speedway anywhere after Mondays announcement that will we will have to wait at least 4 weeks before they decide to bring us out of this government enforced lockdown

it wont just be speedway that suffers however, all the pubs, restaurants and hotels will have bought supplies already, and these supplies will go to waste which will finish a lot of businesses

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rob B said:

well this not had any discussion!

Unfortunately Tom has not scored very much at all so far. Presumably he himself felt that there wasn't much chance of an improvement in the short term, hence the retirement. I have no idea who we can get as a replacement, but we cant expect him to be any better than Tom or we would have signed him in the first place !