British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Wolverhampton can run a speedway team but they need to field a team containing British riders and affordable ones too. The promoter and his followers should lower their expectations and they might survive. It's so sad when there are riders local to Wolves who would relish the opportunity to race. What about a Shale Track Racing Venue as I'm sure Entain wouldn't turn down a viable prospective proposal.

Edited by Pieman72

32 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Don't you mean 42?

No surely 15 heats of 6pts adds to 90 half of which is 45?

If the nominated heat 15 points don't count then why bother having it. Ht15 can be the most expensive ht for promotions and I remember if a match had been won by ht top riders on higher pay wouldn't be nominated.

Equally some riders had contracts saying if they wanted to ride in ht 15 they could even if they had scored poorly.

Another of speedway's own goals 

29 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

Wolverhampton can run a speedway team but they need to field a team containing British riders and affordable ones too. The promoter and his followers should lower their expectations and they might survive. It's so sad when there are riders local to Wolves who would relish the opportunity to race. What about a Shale Track Racing Venue as I'm sure Entain wouldn't turn down a viable prospective proposal.

Nothing to do with costs of riders

50 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

If the nominated heat 15 points don't count then why bother having it. Ht15 can be the most expensive ht for promotions and I remember if a match had been won by ht top riders on higher pay wouldn't be nominated.

Equally some riders had contracts saying if they wanted to ride in ht 15 they could even if they had scored poorly.

It does count towards the average, but the rider average is the average per ride multiplied by 4.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Well if 3 or 4 clubs don't run next year then I'd say so.

One thing that has, IMO, killed speedway was averages below 45pts.

Each team has 45 available in a match so that is what teams should be built to.

Fans are being cheated when they are given a team with less than that.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Don't you mean 42?

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It does count towards the average, but the rider average is the average per ride multiplied by 4.

No wonder the sport struggles when basics such as this are not understood

Fair play Grachan for still taking the time to reply and correct  - sad to say I can't be bothered anymore....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No wonder the sport struggles when basics such as this are not understood

Fair play Grachan for still taking the time to reply and correct  - sad to say I can't be bothered anymore....

It is quite remarkable how often it comes up.

• Like 3

How many still fill in a programme or buy one at all?  A lot of people I see are not aware of averages or team positions and what they mean.

It’s racing that is the attraction for many whether it’s heat 2 or heat 15.

A radical move would be to combine the leagues give clubs the chance to race on their chosen day. Reduce rider costs but less income so would hasten the sport to a part time activity.

We won’t see the likes of Woffenden or Lambert or Bewley but hopefully will produce riders to fill their place.

1 hour ago, GWC said:

How many still fill in a programme or buy one at all?  A lot of people I see are not aware of averages or team positions and what they mean.

It’s racing that is the attraction for many whether it’s heat 2 or heat 15.

A radical move would be to combine the leagues give clubs the chance to race on their chosen day. Reduce rider costs but less income so would hasten the sport to a part time activity.

We won’t see the likes of Woffenden or Lambert or Bewley but hopefully will produce riders to fill their place.

I've had to start buying programmes recently as Poole scoreboard not working or not got anyone to do it! I relied on it a lot.

I just went on british speedway website if I wanted to look at averages. 

Just go on Speedway Plus and it will generate the program of your choice. Once you have put in the home riders once the next time it automatically puts them in. Takes about 5 mins to do and it’s free

14 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Just go on Speedway Plus and it will generate the program of your choice. Once you have put in the home riders once the next time it automatically puts them in. Takes about 5 mins to do and it’s free

I've got the rumours about Wolves closing could anyone define what's happening?

24 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

I've got the rumours about Wolves closing could anyone define what's happening?

What rumours?

38 minutes ago, noaksey said:

What rumours?

I suggest Pieman is telling us a PorkiePie! ...... unless it's the rumour of Wolves running in the Premiership on a Monday night and also on a Friday in the Championship and using the same seven riders in both teams. :rolleyes::D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I suggest Pieman is telling us a PorkiePie! ...... unless it's the rumour of Wolves running in the Premiership on a Monday night and also on a Friday in the Championship and using the same seven riders in both teams. :rolleyes::D

Custard Pie for Pieman?

• Haha 1

Prediction using 2021 team building regulations:

Wolverhampton
Sam Masters 8.34
Nick Morris 7.12
Luke Becker 6.95
Scott Nicholls 6.54
Max Clegg 3.51
Connor Bailey 3.00
Leon Flint 4*
Total 35.46

On 11/6/2021 at 8:37 PM, noaksey said:

Custard Pie for Pieman?

As said head in the sand and severe anorak behaviour. The way it's going there won't be any teams to race against get real. You need to look beyond Wolverhampton, there is a bigger picture.