British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Defo your trying to squeeze what you can out of a shrinking league don't forget the lads running the show at Wolves are instrumental in it's demise. Try Grasstrack the scenery is better Black Mountains v S&B Recycling. Hope 2022 goes well for you.

14 hours ago, bruno said:

Mr and our kid have decided because we will see the same riders so many times next season we will mix it up. So 5 meetings at Monmore seeing the other 5 teams then 5 away once at each of the other 5 teams. Same riders but away tracks. Then about 5 meetings at Championship clubs. So around 15 meetings. However if it was one league of about 18 teams we would do all the Monmore home meetings. Anyone see what I'm getting at

You point is well made. Unfortunately there are not enough riders to make 18 teams.

The number is more likely 11 at the most so 10 different teams visiting Monmore. would this be ok? 

BTW - to make 11 teams  Wolves would need to lose a heat leader as per the other 5 current Prem teams. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

You point is well made. Unfortunately there are not enough riders to make 18 teams.

The number is more likely 11 at the most so 10 different teams visiting Monmore. would this be ok? 

BTW - to make 11 teams  Wolves would need to lose a heat leader as per the other 5 current Prem teams. 

Good points there and 10 or 11 would make more sense so I suppose 2 leagues. One between premier/ championship level and one at NDL + maybe

21 minutes ago, bruno said:

Good points there and 10 or 11 would make more sense so I suppose 2 leagues. One between premier/ championship level and one at NDL + maybe

Yes two leagues, one professional the other semi pro/amateur. 
Now the can of worms question.
Which current teams would make up the two leagues? A question fans, never mind promoters would, more than likely not be able to agree on a answer.

Edited by 1 valve

15 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

Defo your trying to squeeze what you can out of a shrinking league don't forget the lads running the show at Wolves are instrumental in it's demise. Try Grasstrack the scenery is better Black Mountains v S&B Recycling. Hope 2022 goes well for you.

Would you like to elaborate ?

18 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Would you like to elaborate ?

This should be interesting:D

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

This should be interesting:D

So if the model of Speedway that the Wolves management are running is successful why are tracks closing. I do like angry replies obviously I'm getting near to why Speedway is on 'life support'.

in no particular order

1) plenty of experience of promotion and running a team

2) seems to always had good relations with landlords

3) maybe seen as the man who pulls the strings at the bspa so always knows what's happening

4) runs a tight ship wrt costs

5) team is in a speedway hot bed

13 minutes ago, Pieman72 said:

So if the model of Speedway that the Wolves management are running is successful why are tracks closing. I do like angry replies obviously I'm getting near to why Speedway is on 'life support'.

My initial question wasn't angry in its content. Just wondering why everything is CVS's fault. You do seem to have some backward logic, because  Woves are managing to continue running, they are responsible for other tracks closing ? Odd. There is nothing to gain for Wolves, and everything to lose, by other tracks closing.

• Like 2

I completely understand you have Wolves running through your body. They have managed to continue because the VS are/were very business orientated and the model they run depends on top class foreign spectacular riders drawing in healthy crowds. Unfortunately other tracks aren't run so business like and depend on lower attendances bringing in foreign riders has broken some of these tracks. We need other tracks to sustain the league on an affordable basis which means more local talent. Wolves can't race themselves and are victims of their own success. I remember Dan McCormick at Cradley Heath and Birmingham he had 7 riders capable of being No1 at any track end result they destroyed all opposition and started the decline of British Speedway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Don’t know the final green sheets but would Nicholls and Steve Worrall fit for Rory and Nicol?

No they would not.  

If as rumoured S Worrall has been signed in place of Schlein that takes your team total to 40.56 so you would have to change one of last years team for a rider on a 1.56 lower average

Edited by B.V 72

3 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

No they would not.  

If as rumoured S Worrall has been signed in place of Schlein that takes your team total to 40.56 so you would have to change one of last years team for a rider on a 1.56 lower average

Nicol presumably.  What would that leave for a 7th rider if Worrall does replace Rory?

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

No they would not.  

Ok thanks, nice thought while it lasted , Nicol to go for me then