British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

max clegg would be my first choice knows the place very well 

Is he really a future star though? Been knocking around for years without progressing an awful lot. 

The rides being suggested are Kemp, Flint, Palin, the Thompson twins, Brennan and Rowe. These are teenagers who could progress nicely with the right development path. Some of them have Polish contracts already. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is he really a future star though? Been knocking around for years without progressing an awful lot. 

The rides being suggested are Kemp, Flint, Palin, the Thompson twins, Brennan and Rowe. These are teenagers who could progress nicely with the right development path. Some of them have Polish contracts already. 

can see these young kids doing NL and championship but 3 leagues would probably put a bit of strain on them just now 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, Ghosty said:

I would like to see Anders Rowe as the young brit for wolves, he has riding skills that would suit the tricky wolves track = good for the team & good for Anders development.

I think Rowe is on everyone radar, made huge strides over the past season and has disproven the doubts i had about him.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, mac101 said:

max clegg would be my first choice knows the place very well 

Max would be a home expert but struggle away (but has plenty of company in that respect) sadly Max came through the ranks when youth backing wasn't as strong and has never had the backing to really push on consistently to the higher levels

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, mac101 said:

no age limit on it 

There has to be , otherwise Paul Hurry could be considered a rising star. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

There has to be , otherwise Paul Hurry could be considered a rising star. ;)

I agree, but John Louis was in his late twenties before he even sat on a bike, so you have to be a tad flexible sometimes. 

• Like 2

In the last scheme to encourage young riders (Fast Track Elite Draft) one of the participants was a 35 year old in his 20th season of racing.

I’m guessing the rising star place is there to allow teams to cut costs. There can be little to suggest they will beat anybody other than the other no.7 or when  another rider has a misfortune.

Lets also hope that if we get racing on we are not going to see teams chop and change injuries permitting of course.

3 hours ago, GWC said:

I’m guessing the rising star place is there to allow teams to cut costs. There can be little to suggest they will beat anybody other than the other no.7 or when  another rider has a misfortune.

Lets also hope that if we get racing on we are not going to see teams chop and change injuries permitting of course.

There's been a power shift, the good rising stars can now name their price so will probably cost more now than they would have before the system was put in place.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Blupanther said:

I agree, but John Louis was in his late twenties before he even sat on a bike, so you have to be a tad flexible sometimes. 

Of course yes flexibility is paramount. I think the whole ‘rising star’ ethos is false advertising.
We have plenty of suitable ‘youngsters’ (U21 or little experience) that should be able to satisfy all teams.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some clubs would try include someone like Hurry at number 7 but I hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

Team announcement coming for the 2021 team at 7am in the morning.

38 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Was it the dreaded new Polish rule ?

Nope, not based in the UK which came into the equation. They had to release a rider anyway due to the new young rising star rule.

• Like 1

Team to beat so far.Decent top 3 and i assume it's Becker and Douglas at 2nd strings,Nicol at reserve.