British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Monmore is about twice the width of Arlington :D 

Many who attend Eastbourne regularly enjoy their speedway and I respect that but it’s without doubt the worst racetrack I’ve been too, far too narrow and tight. 

As a regular at Monmore and occasional visitor to Arlington I much prefer the latter. Technical but it can be attacked unlike Monmore. 

Monmore was designed for 2 riders and a fantastic opportunity missed to create a lovely d-shape down back straight. 

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you may find it's more to do with available flights into Sweden and cost on a Tuesday 

becker is riding for same team as thorsell in sweden dackarna so if he can do it so can thorsell no excuse !!

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Masters

Schlein

N. Morris

Becker

Douglas

Nicol

The team to beat.

until the b/vue team announced !!

Just now, GAH said:

becker is riding for same team as thorsell in sweden dackarna so if he can do it so can thorsell no excuse !!

Its got nothing to do with who can and who can't do it. Someone had to go, and it appears its because Thorsell was going to be based in Sweden rather than England. Thorsell himself said it would be a problem a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, BrizHeathen said:

Its got nothing to do with who can and who can't do it. Someone had to go, and it appears its because Thorsell was going to be based in Sweden rather than England. Thorsell himself said it would be a problem a few weeks ago.

highest paid that's why !!

10 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

You are so wrong FACT 

so masters or schlein are higher paid no wonder he left :rofl:

1 minute ago, GAH said:

so masters or schlein are higher paid no wonder he left :rofl:

God you do post some crap

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It always makes me laugh when riders earnings are discussed. It isn't really anyone else's business other than the rider and club thats paying. Most deals are private and us mere mortals really don't know. I'm sure we'd be surprised if we did. Rumours abound that a rider is earning such and such but its a subject thats taboo in so many ways.

1 minute ago, Trackerman48 said:

God you do post some crap

riders are paid on their ability don't tell me thorsell isn't wolves best rider and paid accordingly it's you who are talking crap :nono:

3 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

It always makes me laugh when riders earnings are discussed. It isn't really anyone else's business other than the rider and club thats paying. Most deals are private and us mere mortals really don't know. I'm sure we'd be surprised if we did. Rumours abound that a rider is earning such and such but its a subject thats taboo in so many ways.

no one has mentioned how much they are earning or what it is ? every club has a rider on more points money than other riders what's up with you !! thorsell would have been top earner there !! just like all other number ones at other clubs for christ sake :rofl:

Just now, GAH said:

no one has mentioned how much they are earning or what it is ? every club has a rider on more points money than other riders what's up with you !! thorsell would have been top earner there !! just like all other number ones at other clubs for christ sake :rofl:

But...you'll never know...keep assuming.

There's a lot more to it than points money. You've got guarantees, van or no van, accomodation, flights, sign on fees, etc, etc.

Three heat leaders all on the same guarantee per meeting is one FACT I do know (not Wolves). 

15 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

But...you'll never know...keep assuming.

There's a lot more to it than points money. You've got guarantees, van or no van, accomodation, flights, sign on fees, etc, etc.

Three heat leaders all on the same guarantee per meeting is one FACT I do know (not Wolves). 

oh so your word is right :rofl: do me a favour you know like i know so please don't patronise !! it doesn't wash with me sunshine !!:nono: we all know for christ sake it involves more than points money and if you read my comment proper it says highest paid which would include all of what you mentioned for christ sake :rolleyes:

Just now, GAH said:

oh so your word is right :rofl: do me a favour you know like i know so please don't patronise !! it doesn't wash with me sunshine !!:nono: we all know for christ sake it involves more than points money and if you read my comment proper it says highest paid which would include all of what you mentioned for christ sake :rolleyes:

My point is, you don't really know, and my guess is that money had nothing to do with Thorsell not riding for Wolves in 2021.