Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Rocket87

Wolverhampton 2020

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’d agree in the UK they appear pretty much similar standard. Didn’t both ride in Poland in 2020 as well?

Only Anders rode in Poland in 2020, Kemp has signed for Gdansk, but will he get a ride as its very tough league to go straight into Polish first division

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

bacon at wolves would be my bet

 

brennan at belle vue would be my bet

 

kemp deffo at ipswich

 

sheffield will have one of the thompson twins

 

palin and the other thompson twin will be at peterborough or lynn

If I have understood it properly you can use a Grade 3 or 4 rider for Rising Star rider in the Premier League.

If that s the case then on the list that I have seen Josh Bates is on the list of grade 4 riders.

If that is the case then I would expect Sheffield to have Josh Bates as their rising star rider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

bacon at wolves would be my bet

 

brennan at belle vue would be my bet

 

kemp deffo at ipswich

 

sheffield will have one of the thompson twins

 

palin and the other thompson twin will be at peterborough or lynn

Is there not a age limit on rising stars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bacon and Bates? IMO the scheme should be concentrating on our U21 riders, with all due respect to those two they are never going to be anywhere near international standard. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Bacon and Bates? IMO the scheme should be concentrating on our U21 riders, with all due respect to those two they are never going to be anywhere near international standard. 

I was very surprised to Josh Bates name on the list, but he is on the list of Grade 4 riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knock knock.....

Who's there?

A 28 year old with 6 years in British speedway 

A 28 year old with 6 years experience in British speedway is a rising star ? 

:rofl:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounded like a good idea to start with,,,, if Bates and Bacon are on it, soon turns it into another load of speedway dribble 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Is there not a age limit on rising stars?

Set at 85 to avoid any possible need to test the rule....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bates is a rising star,think Lynn should go with Kerr as theirs:blink:.

Sorry Wolves fans didn't realise this was your thread.

You have a good team lined up imo:t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Bagpuss said:

Bacon and Bates? IMO the scheme should be concentrating on our U21 riders, with all due respect to those two they are never going to be anywhere near international standard. 

Am a big fan of Tom Bacon.  Very professional and immaculate in the way he presents himself, his setup , and how he talks to people - definitely a CVS type of rider.  That said,  I would say his chance of kicking on to a higher level has probably passed now. 

Edited by MattB
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, sommelier said:

Kemp more than Rowe ?

It seems that people rate both riders as much the same or preferring Kemp,  How come Kemp is a level 3 then while Rowe is a level 4?  Probably fits a team better that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

It seems that people rate both riders as much the same or preferring Kemp,  How come Kemp is a level 3 then while Rowe is a level 4?  Probably fits a team better that way!

If as seems 99% certain both end up at Ipswich then it makes no difference as fits whichever way round

Has more impact in CL as 4☆ rating prevents riding in that league as part of the scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If as seems 99% certain both end up at Ipswich then it makes no difference as fits whichever way round

Has more impact in CL as 4☆ rating prevents riding in that league as part of the scheme

It doesn't prevent a 4* rider doing CL in the slightest.  All it prevents is that rider being a CL club's Rising Star.  The example is Berwick, where 4*,Kyle Bickley is in the 1-6, with 3* Leon Flint the Rising Star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy