British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

Are Wolves tickets going on sale 9am tomorrow?

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect the issue people have is that we are paying more for a weaker product....no Lambert, Doyle, Fricke, Thorsell, Tungate etc compared to last time but more to get in. Pubs won’t be serving weaker beer or hotels offering less comfortable beds you’d imagine!

Smack on. And further compounded by the lack of variety by only having six teams in the league.

Wolves tickets site says no upcoming events?

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Wolves tickets site says no upcoming events?

Don't think its been planned very well, Peterborough, Ipswich and Kings Lynn are now on sale tomorrow, Sheffield Thursday, Wolves nothing been announced and Belle Vue have the next 5 meetings available now

7 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Don't think its been planned very well, Peterborough, Ipswich and Kings Lynn are now on sale tomorrow, Sheffield Thursday, Wolves nothing been announced and Belle Vue have the next 5 meetings available now

Bspa news today mentions Wolves opening fixture

26 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Think the reason that nothing as been put on the was the club only just had clearance from the council now thats all in place the club can go ahead with ticket sales.  

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:

The April 30th posting did say 'aiming' for Tues 11th !!!

I perhaps I was foolish to think at last a coordinated launch with Covid compliance details etc and the PL entering the information age. B)

Now it could be 12 noon tickets on-line available for a meeting with no line-up declared (12 riders / 16 riders?) or 15Ht / 20 Ht / 22Ht's etc  formula announced, to be held on a night where the forecast is light rain for most of the day. So, will terrace folk be allowed into the downstairs bar if the rain gets heavier?

Whats the provision for previous rain-off tickets from 2019.

It could be worse there could be a price increase (whoops!)

• Haha 1

I'm just checking the site regularly but I think it will be a few days before the Belle Vue and Ipswich tickets go on sale.

“There will be a restricted attendance level to start the season which the club sincerely hope will increase beyond June 21 to ensure the sport is viable at Monmore Green to see out the season.”

4 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

“There will be a restricted attendance level to start the season which the club sincerely hope will increase beyond June 21 to ensure the sport is viable at Monmore Green to see out the season.”

Do they still only use one side? 

If so, the inside will be very restricted and the outside given its relative small space from top step to bottom wont be allowed to hold too many I would think..

Maybe not ever 1000 at a reduced capacity in total?

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Do they still only use one side? 

If so, the inside will be very restricted and the outside given its relative small space from top step to bottom wont be allowed to hold too many I would think..

Maybe not ever 1000 at a reduced capacity in total?

They have said “less then 1000”  I would have thought max 750 maybe only 500. Peterborough & Belle Vue allowed 1000ish and have a lot more open space. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

They have said “less then 1000”  I would have thought max 750 maybe only 500. Peterborough & Belle Vue allowed 1000ish and have a lot more open space. 

Maybe Council been strict on numbers as well, only 4500 allowed at Molineux for Wolves match, well below 25%. Capacity

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

A lot of councils seem to have imposed very low limits in this phase

Even Ipswich at 2000 is only about 20% of the normal potential capacity 

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A lot of councils seem to have imposed very low limits in this phase

Even Ipswich at 2000 is only about 20% of the normal potential capacity 

So they won't get blamed for 'owt.

• Like 1