British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

21 hours ago, Marksman said:

Anyone happen to know when they'll release tickets for the Sheffield meeting 2 weeks today? Thought'd they be available by now..

Will keep checking the Box Office site - http://www.wolverhampton-speedway.com/boxoffice

If you're a Sheffield fan, you may have a problem. Those who bought tickets for rained off belle Vue match are being given the option to roll over the tickets to the Sheffield match.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Beowulf said:

If you're a Sheffield fan, you may have a problem. Those who bought tickets for rained off belle Vue match are being given the option to roll over the tickets to the Sheffield match.

Thats when they get around to contacting all of us.

I have received an email to say that I can roll over the ticket for the Belle Vue. No action is required, only if you can't make the Sheffield match.

• Like 1

I have 2 tickets for the Wolves v Ipswich match on Bank Holiday Monday but am unable to go now. There are 2 tickets, 1 adult, 1 concession in the bar. If anyone's interested, please message me. Will be happy to agree a reduced price on the face value of the tickets.

in a watered down  premiership with only six teams you must have a very good chance of winning it with potentially  six heat leaders out of seven riders :t:

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, ray c said:

in a watered down  premiership with only six teams you must have a very good chance of winning it with potentially  six heat leaders out of seven riders :t:

Be fair, give Tom Bacon a few weeksB)

• Like 1

Tom Bacon is a VERY good rider, he'll be one of, if not the, best rising star riders this season... Top 6 definitely...

All joking aside, Tom is brilliant to watch and has amazing style

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Tom Bacon is a VERY good rider, he'll be one of, if not the, best rising star riders this season... Top 6 definitely...

All joking aside, Tom is brilliant to watch and has amazing style

Tom is great. Attitude, personality, equipment hes got everything except a little bit of luck. Every time he hits a run of form he gets held back by injuries. A little bit of luck and can see even bigger improvements from him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tom is great. Attitude, personality, equipment hes got everything except a little bit of luck. Every time he hits a run of form he gets held back by injuries. A little bit of luck and can see even bigger improvements from him.

He won't last the season at Wolves.  Totally out of his depth

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

He won't last the season at Wolves.  Totally out of his depth

Give him time...

23 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Give him time...

Rory in ambulance on way to hospital leg injury:(

Sounds like a torn thigh which was bleeding and which the paramedics were having difficulty staunching!!!

Sounds nasty, could be a good few weeks before he is comfortable enough to race a bike again. 28 day replacement could Be on the cards 

Worrying,  but hardly surprising.

WOLVERHAMPTON owner Chris Van Straaten has revealed how the club are suffering ‘severe losses’ operating under strict reduced audience numbers.

Van Straaten says it’s vital the roadmap remains on course for social distancing to be reduced or ruled out completely in order for the club to continue racing.

Parrys International Wolves are next at home on June 21, the day step four of the roadmap out of lockdown is due to begin.

Van Straaten warned: “It’s a dire situation for us, we are suffering severe losses every time we stage a home meeting because we simply cannot get any more supporters in due to the restrictions.

“It’s vital for us that Boris Johnson stays firm and sticks to the relaxing of social distancing to enable us to get more people on the terraces in the open air.

“We cannot be the only business struggling due to these restrictions which we have to adhere to after working with Wolverhampton City Council officials to get us reopened after 20 months.

“We’ve stuck to the book and done everything properly and I understand some fans have been frustrated, particularly in the warm weather. We’ve had every space taken on the terraces so people who have indoor tickets couldn’t leave indoors and go outside, but they are the rules and I understand the frustration.

“We are not trying to belittle the awful consequences of the covid virus which has affected so many people.

“I believe the vaccination rollout has been a massive success and that’s one box ticked, along with the fact that hospitalisations and death figures remain relatively low.

“The vast majority of adults have now had at least one vaccine and we have to unlock to allow the economy to recover.

“I would be heartbroken if Wolverhampton Speedway became one of those businesses to close down as a consequence of ongoing restrictions – but that is a possibility I cannot rule out at this stage because we simply cannot continue to sustain losses.”

Wolves head to Peterborough on Monday, the day of the announcement regarding June 21 and how much further lockdown will be eased.