Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s all based on percentage of full capacity set by local council but based on factors like entrances/exits, toilets etc.

ipswich allowed 2000 but their full capacity is 10,000 so that is 20%
Belle Vue allowed 33% of capacity so that is normally 1000 out of 3000 but have managed to add some extra on 3rd bend which not normally used so been getting 1200 in. 
So Wolves are allowed a percentage, nobody seems to know the exact figure, it keeps changing from different people from 900 to 800 to 750. To me I think it’s lower then that more like 500 judging by what seen on Monday and how much CVS says they struggling. 

You have to take into account fans in the lower bar and restaurant as well.  I believe the figure is around 780 that can be allowed in

4 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Still doesn't alter the fact,it 'should be the same rules for all sporting venues. As I said earlier why was Wolves FC only allowed 4000 to attend the match against Utd when Molineux has a capacity of 32,000.Wolves chief Jeff Shi said at the time they had no say in the matter, and it was the council who decided on that figure.Sorry ,but its seems wrong,if its one rule for some,and a different rule for another .

That was 12.5% of capacity.
Manchester United we’re allowed 10,000 out of 76,000 capacity so 13% very similar. 

36 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

CVS should break the rules.

Don't pay any attention to what BoJo and the other clowns have to say. They'll keep everyone as prisoners until 2024 by moving the goal posts 24/7.

That would just get it closed down sooner! It was mentioned that someone has set up a gofundme page for Wolves if fans want to help? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

CVS should break the rules.

Don't pay any attention to what BoJo and the other clowns have to say. They'll keep everyone as prisoners until 2024 by moving the goal posts 24/7.

Great idea...

Contact him and tell him that you will pay the large fine that comes with the rule breaking when he does it....

And then also purchase the defunct promotion rights off him at his asking price...

• Like 1

For Christ's sake.

Stop the arguing about the minutae, that's exactly what the authorities want. You were warned what was coming last year. 

Until you tell them where to stick their face nappies and injected poison Wolves speedway won't be the last victim.

Wake up!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Todays Test match at Edgbaston the crowd allowed is 17,000 and there are 17,000 there, the capacity is 25,000 so  why the difference ?, I dont see many masks and for sure there is no Social Distancing.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Great idea...

Contact him and tell him that you will pay the large fine that comes with the rule breaking when he does it....

And then also purchase the defunct promotion rights off him at his asking price...

They won't fine anyone because the whole country are going to stick two fingers up if they move the goal posts again because things have gone too far.

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

That was 12.5% of capacity.
Manchester United we’re allowed 10,000 out of 76,000 capacity so 13% very similar. 

West brom had 7k v West Ham

Capacity 26k 

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Todays Test match at Edgbaston the crowd allowed is 17,000 and there are 17,000 there, the capacity is 25,000 so  why the difference ?, I dont see many masks and for sure there is no Social Distancing.

But they have all had to do PCR tests and show it came back as negative, so that's prob why they don't have to wear face masks. Also on tv they said attendance is 18k.

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

For Christ's sake.

Stop the arguing about the minutae, that's exactly what the authorities want. You were warned what was coming last year. 

Until you tell them where to stick their face nappies and injected poison Wolves speedway won't be the last victim.

Wake up!!

For Christ’s sake

Take you conspiracy  sh*t back on to the non Speedway threads and play with your mates 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RebelDan said:

I think the 4K limit was for indoor venues , for Football when crowds returned from 17 May for outdoor events it was 10,000 or 25% of your capacity whichever was lower. Clearly some Councils took a different view if they had spikes of Covid cases from the Indian variant. 

Probably more likely to be at risk of contracting the Indian variant in Wolverhampton than Brighton

Whats the capacity of Wolves stadium. One I have never been to ... but from TV looks like just the home straight has spectator accommodation?  So max capacity is quite meagre to start with?   25% of a meagre  number is a very meagre  number. Maybe max. capacity is only 2000 ? 

Can anyone send me a link to the GoFundMe page.

I'm happy to make a donation. Not going to let another track go under due to the vile government that is more than happy to wreck the rest of our lives.