British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2020

On 6/22/2021 at 9:23 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Surprised that Flint dropped the NL but i admire his ambition. In hindsight i guess the double headers were probably very draining every week and he has a more focussed aproach this year that is bringing results to go along with his natural talent.

Berwick Bullets only have 6 NL matches left, so Leon will get a lot more races for Wolves, even if only riding 3 times a match!

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Berwick Bullets only have 6 NL matches left, so Leon will get a lot more races for Wolves, even if only riding 3 times a match!

Quick count shows 10 Wolves matches left plus play offs.  I can't fault his ambition and its a wise move when his form is currently on the crest of a wave and long may it continue. Getting a chance in a winning team isn't something that comes around all that often (nobody say once a season!)

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quick count shows 10 Wolves matches left plus play offs.  I can't fault his ambition and its a wise move when his form is currently on the crest of a wave and long may it continue. Getting a chance in a winning team isn't something that comes around all that often (nobody say once a season!)

More  like 15 meetings left.

22 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

More  like 15 meetings left.

Apologies i forgot its the exciting PL where the "same" teams race each other 4 times

I read that Silverstone can have full capacity (140,000 spectators) for the British F1 GP in July - surely that is a sign that all restrictions will be lifted

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I read that Silverstone can have full capacity (140,000 spectators) for the British F1 GP in July - surely that is a sign that all restrictions will be lifted

I read today it is classed as a test, just like Snooker world championship was at Sheffield, the tennis to come at Wimbledon to come next week, football at Wembley. There are pre conditions attached.                   
Earliest for speedway is going to be Monday 19th July, as the next date the government is still considering - but it has not been confirmed.

On my last visit to Monmore Green only 50% of the spectator area was being used, if this is still the case surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to sort the crowd compacity out! 

11 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

On my last visit to Monmore Green only 50% of the spectator area was being used, if this is still the case surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to sort the crowd compacity out! 

Probably need some work, so they rather close down.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Probably need some work, so they rather close down.

Nobody as said they want to see it close down. It's the council have come up with the figures that's why CVS is in talks with them to allow more fans in.

• Like 1

Thought I read on BSF Wolverhampton may have to close due to low crowd restriction.  Open up the other parts of the stadium and get more people in, the safe limit is sure to go up if more can be accommodated as it is a %age basis.

15 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Just read in a morning paper online re Silverstone, adults will have to had the double jab or tested negative. Not yet agreed how to handle children.

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just read in a morning paper online re Silverstone, adults will have to had the double jab or tested negative. Not yet agreed how to handle children.

Given the average age of a speedway fan - you would have thought that most have already been double jabbed - so it does seem harsh to have a blanket sports policy that might end up putting the final nail in the coffin for British Speedway

Well after a few weeks of talking with the local council wolves will be allowed more fans on the outside but fans have got to wear masks all the time, but at least keeps the club going which as got to be good. 

So Leon Flint makes to the European Under-19 Final after finishing in third place. Good day for the Brits all round as he will be joined in the final by Drew Kemp and Jordan Palin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well after a few weeks of talking with the local council wolves will be allowed more fans on the outside but fans have got to wear masks all the time, but at least keeps the club going which as got to be good. 

Be interesting to see how many of the 40,000 at wembley on tue have masks on!

• Haha 1