British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

Unlike Poole who thought they had won it before they even got to Foxhall for the second leg, Swindon will not be so complacent and with Ipswich being discounted and by some and not worthy of being finalists before a wheel has turned,  all critics should wait and see, this speedway and nothing is certain. The witches are in the final and you have to be in it to win it unlike those on the south coast who will get another chance next season (assuming both are in the same league). Both finalist have a chance and let the real talking be done on the track.

Whatever the result, one thing for sure, the sport needs wholesale changes and a serious inward look at itself to decide where it is going. Failure to have a condensed season over four/five months and regular weekly meetings means you end up with meetings like Wolves had and others that have gone before. No excuses, it is a summer sport and the main programme of league racing should be conducted in those months with other meetings before and after. One other point to consider, would racing be different if riders had been taking part in ‘Filler meetings’ to keep racing fit. Perhaps individual meetings and challenge matches do have some value afterall.

• Like 8

Come on Robins..Good luck, hope the weather is ok and no repeat of semi at Wolves on the quagmire.

I cant see beyond Swindon winning this quite comfortably but pre season Ipswich were being tipped for the wooden spoon and were sat at the top of the league for a while suprising everyone home and away, if they can again find that form over the two legs it could be an interesting final especially if you add a firing NKI into the mix. As a neutral I hope its a good final racing wise and goes down to the wire, good luck to both teams.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

Oh well, was hoping for Wolves so we got the 2nd leg at Foxhall but it is what it is and we'll just have to get on with it. 

I know it's 3 days away but I've looked at more than 1 weather forecast and so far it's not looking promising for Monday in Ipswich. 

Every year its rain delays at the crunch time of the season but that discussion has been done to death. 

I'm just hoping for a Witches lead so we've got something to defend against the Swindon gating tarts come the second leg. 

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to both teams for making the final. But unless something utterly dramatic happens this will go down as one of the most one sided finals in the history of the top flight.

I hope Ipswich can somehow come away with some kind of first leg lead to make it a bit more thrilling than the last semi final, but I am not holding out much hope. Man for man Swindon are stronger in virtually every place. 

Current weather forecast is for showers in the afternoon and evening but it’s too far away to be accurate at the moment.

42-48ish.

If Ipswich are so poor, how poor does that make you lot?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to both teams for making the final. But unless something utterly dramatic happens this will go down as one of the most one sided finals in the history of the top flight.

I hope Ipswich can somehow come away with some kind of first leg lead to make it a bit more thrilling than the last semi final, but I am not holding out much hope. Man for man Swindon are stronger in virtually every place. 

Current weather forecast is for showers in the afternoon and evening but it’s too far away to be accurate at the moment.

42-48ish.

I thought the semi final was supposed to be one sided..how did that turn out for you............bunch of chokers

Swindon are favourites but we have beat them at home and run them close at their place so who knows

Thing is we are in the final and you lot arent............so why dont you shut your trap and stop annoying the whole forum

As Starman says..........CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

If Ipswich are so poor, how poor does that make you lot?

Ipswich beat Poole with a team of 6 wobblers ..............

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Oh well, was hoping for Wolves so we got the 2nd leg at Foxhall but it is what it is and we'll just have to get on with it. 

I know it's 3 days away but I've looked at more than 1 weather forecast and so far it's not looking promising for Monday in Ipswich. 

Every year its rain delays at the crunch time of the season but that discussion has been done to death. 

I'm just hoping for a Witches lead so we've got something to defend against the Swindon gating tarts come the second leg. 

Doyley, Batch, Rasser, Ellis gating tarts?!! Have seen plenty of passes at Swindon this year so hopefully your boys make a few starts in the final so we get to see some more. 

• Like 2

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Doyley, Batch, Rasser, Ellis gating tarts?!! Have seen plenty of passes at Swindon this year so hopefully your boys make a few starts in the final so we get to see some more. 

We can't gate, full stop ! 

Nils, not renowned as a gater

Cam, definitely not 

Bomber, maybe once a meeting but not

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

James, has behaved since his return 

Foxhall is not the best of tracks for passing on so if we don't get out we have no chance! 

10 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Foxhall is not the best of tracks for passing on so if we don't get out we have no chance! 

Well you did ok against Poole!

25 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Haha well it might be the same result as Wolves last night then!!!

• Like 1

Omg the viral troll is talking to itself again.....isn't it about time that thing faked its own 'death' again?......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Cam, definitely not 

Richard, sometimes 

Danny, he's ok

Jake, hmm varies

Gating tarts? Have a look on YouTube at some of the passing moves our top 5 have pulled off before making such a crap comment

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Gating tarts? Have a look on YouTube at some of the passing moves our top 5 have pulled off before making such a crap comment

Touchy ! 

They say the truth hurts sometimes. 

I've seen Swindon at Foxhall 3 times this season and compared to the Witches they are gating tarts.