British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

6 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Not seen many Witches riders making passes at Blunsdon this year either. Spot the pattern.

You won’t in the final either. Swindon are going to make Ipswich a new one.  Swindon fans are of course being cautious and rightly so but being neutral and not caring who wins, it’s a final that’s very easy to predict.  

Is there anyone who actually believes Ipswich have a proper chance? I would really love Ipswich to be able to take a lead into the second leg but this is not realistic. Iversen is not a threat to Doyle in the U.K and going through the teams the only advantage is Allen at reserve.

46 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Touchy ! 

They say the truth hurts sometimes. 

I've seen Swindon at Foxhall 3 times this season and compared to the Witches they are gating tarts. 

Gating tarts win leagues

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You won’t in the final either. Swindon are going to make Ipswich a new one.  Swindon fans are of course being cautious and rightly so but being neutral and not caring who wins, it’s a final that’s very easy to predict.  

Is there anyone who actually believes Ipswich have a proper chance? I would really love Ipswich to be able to take a lead into the second leg but this is not realistic. Iversen is not a threat to Doyle in the U.K and going through the teams the only advantage is Allen at reserve.

What some crap you talk surely Speedway as a whole wants it to be a spectacle and entertaining.Ipswich are very dangerous in my book and we start on levels it would be nice if you could say i hope whoever wins enjoy the occasion is that to much to ask.

• Like 2

Well done to Ipswich on making the finals but I can only see a Swindon win on aggregate.

The one team that I was concerned about, Wolves, were made to look average to poor in the semi-finals (granted the weather played a big part in that).

The weather may still play a big part in the finals so anything can happen but, if the teams ride to form, Swindon should win on aggregate by a big margin - and I hope they do.  I did say at the start of the season that Ipswich were cannon fodder so I will expect this post to come back and bite me in the posterior if I am wrong again about their team.  I certainly didn't expect them to beat Poole and they did - so anything can happen.  Fingers crossed for a good two legged final with no injuries and lots of excitement - and a Swindon win of course :wink: #COYR

• Like 1

We can’t look past Ipswich that’s for sure. In the playoffs on merit so must be taken seriously. I do however think we will have too much top end power over the two matches. Ideally keep it tight Monday, anything under 8 & I see no other outcome then a Swindon win. This isn’t meant to sound cocky or anything but just how I see it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

We can’t look past Ipswich that’s for sure. In the playoffs on merit so must be taken seriously. I do however think we will have too much top end power over the two matches. Ideally keep it tight Monday, anything under 8 & I see no other outcome then a Swindon win. This isn’t meant to sound cocky or anything but just how I see it. 

It doesn't sound cocky but it is there for all to see that Swindon are the better team on paper.  Titles aren't won on paper though and full respect to Ipswich if they do cause another upset.

• Like 1

I think Swindon fans have every right to be confident and shouldn't hold back from being so

All else being equal they should win quite comfortably overall and probably should win both legs

I just hope they dont :D

• Like 2

I make Swindon overwhelming favourites to lift the trophy, and are my second club having lived in Swindon North (6 Banwell Avenue) for a few years in the 1970's. It will take something special for Ipswich to stop them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon will win this by an agragate of 30 point +

Everyone said we would be bottom of the league so in my book whatever happens we are already winners, but lets hope its closer than you all have predicted 

Speedway is a funny sport ...sometimes you can never tell

• Like 4

I’m backing Ipswich to win because we will see a similar disappearance of a certain Poole fan in the same manner as 2010, and than can only be a good thing :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Swindon will win this by an agragate of 30 point +

Since you are so cock sure of your self,,,, if it's closer than 30,,,,,you come to Foxhall next season and do a lap of the track in ya underwear only.     How's about it? Come on back ya big gob up for once? 

• Like 2

This certainly isn't the foregone conclusion some think, Ipswich are a good side, will the occasion get to them or inspire them, over 2 tightly contested meeting I'll go for a 95-85 agg to Swindon, but if Ipswich win they will have deserved it and be a new name on the Trophy which is always a good thing. Hope the weather is kind and we have a cracking final.

• Like 4

it will all just come down to those that want it more, and the weather will be a big part of that if it's wet

If Monday goes ahead, it will all come down to ipswich taking enough of a lead to take to Swindon to make them work for it.