British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

:neutral:

Edited by Badge
Too late

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Bitter bitter man........a choke is where a team is 10 up after the first leg......and celebrate the fact they think they are already in the final.

Personally I dislike the term 'choke' being used to describe any team that's beaten. 

Nobody chokes, they are just beaten by the better team on the day. All the playoff teams are there on merit and nothing is guaranteed. I would suggest that most premier League riders, while some obviously more consistent than others, are capable of beating each other on the right night.

I also don't get this 'arrogant' tag on Poole and I'm sure they didn't believe they were already in the final but if any team comes back from a 12 point deficit to win by 10 then they're going to celebrate aren't they? What would you expect them to do? 

As for the final I think Ipswich have every chance if their key men turn up. Danny King is capable of beating anyone on his day likewise Richard Lawson and we all know what Bombers about in play offs.

I'm rooting for Ipswich anyway. I'd love to see them win on their return to the top flight and see the Brit's shine so good luck in the final Gav.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK that’s shame as I am abroad and might struggle to see it.  Fingers crossed the weather plays fair.

Amen to that!!!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK that’s shame as I am abroad and might struggle to see it.  Fingers crossed the weather plays fair.

54 minutes ago, Badge said:

:neutral:

52 minutes ago, Badge said:

Amen to that!!!

Or enough rain for long enough for you to be back home eh Badge ;)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Just love it when shovler and Gavin go at it lol

I don’t, it’s boring, tiresome and wrecks the thread. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Just love it when shovler and Gavin go at it lol

Sounds like a job for Re Run Productions 'Blue'.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gavan said:

Bitter bitter man........a choke is where a team is 10 up after the first leg......and celebrate the fact they think they are already in the final

They then go to the away leg over confident, and arrogant, their riders fail to show any fight and the manager fails to motivate them to try and win the match.............you must remember that second leg, it was at Ipswich where you had already won twice.....................yet your bunch of prima donnas bottled it big time

Just in case you werent sure we have beat Swindon twice at home this season by 6 points and lost away by 2 points...............in case maths isnt your strong point that would mean an overall victory for Ipswich

So just because the team that topped the league had the biggest choke of all time you then feel free to have a dig on here.............why dont you just go to Italy and let the Swindon and Ipswich fans and real speedway fans discuss the meeting

Yes of course Swindon are favourites but Poole were to............i dont think that Rosco will let his team off as lightly as Middlo did

We were celebrating the win which was fantastic after being 12 down, nothing more, we knew it would be tough to get the win overall, we were not thinking it was all over. You are the one who keeps ruining threads by your constant sniping at Poole and your ongoing feud with you know who. I do hope Ipswich give a good account of themselves to make it a decent final and not roll over like Wolves did.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t, it’s boring, tiresome and wrecks the thread. 

They need to chill out at the end of the day does it really matter look at the bigger picture  it s speedway for goods sake we all love it win or lose in the grand speed of of things what the hell   They need to get together and buy each other a beer lol

On 9/27/2019 at 9:26 AM, foreverblue said:

So did Ipswich choke last night?

On 9/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

So did Ipswich choke last night? Or did they choke?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:07 PM, Skidder1 said:

When watching it back it was the smug smirks on the faces of Hawkins and Louis during the first 8 heats that made me smile

3 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Personally I dislike the term 'choke' being used to describe any team that's beaten. 

Nobody chokes, they are just beaten by the better team on the day. All the playoff teams are there on merit and nothing is guaranteed. I would suggest that most premier League riders, while some obviously more consistent than others, are capable of beating each other on the right night.

I also don't get this 'arrogant' tag on Poole and I'm sure they didn't believe they were already in the final but if any team comes back from a 12 point deficit to win by 10 then they're going to celebrate aren't they? What would you expect them to do? 

As for the final I think Ipswich have every chance if their key men turn up. Danny King is capable of beating anyone on his day likewise Richard Lawson and we all know what Bombers about in play offs.

I'm rooting for Ipswich anyway. I'd love to see them win on their return to the top flight and see the Brit's shine so good luck in the final Gav.

You don’t understand this ‘arrogant’ tag nor do you believe ‘nobody’ chokes but the 3 posts, all from Poole fans, sum up perfectly why the vast majority of speedway fans root for ‘anyone but Poole’.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

You don’t understand this ‘arrogant’ tag nor do you believe ‘nobody’ chokes but the 3 posts, all from Poole fans, sum up perfectly why the vast majority of speedway fans root for ‘anyone but Poole’.

Sorry I don't see the connection between the 3 posts and me not liking the choke term. I did say I didn't like it used to describe 'any' beaten team as I don't think any team chokes they just get beaten.

God yes there are plenty of arrogant fans from all sides on this forum but I was referred to the team, not fans  as Gavans post said a 'team' that celebrated like they were already in the final but even so, of course people will celebrate pulling out a 10 point win from a 12 point deficit, that's not arrogance is it? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

I think you will find it is a reaction to the past where many have said Poole had choked. It is not a term i like or have used much in the past and in all honesty i don't believe it to be true in the vast majority of cases. 

• Like 1

This constant rain over the last two days has probably turned the track into a quagmire. They need a dry day today but tomorrow’s forecast is for light rain from 10 am. It’s starting to look doubtful this meeting is going to go ahead but fingers crossed. The U.K. has been on the wrong side of the jet stream for over a month meaning every weather front is riding over the top of us like a conveyer belt.