British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

15 minutes ago, robins les said:

Gavan did say 10, you are the only one quoting 12.

No, 12 was mentioned but posts get edited! If I quoted Gavan wrong he'd soon tell me about it! Lol.

hope Swindon wins this over two legs they got the best rider in our league .have him in my team any day of the week

Edited by ray c

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

hope Swindon wins this over two legs they got the best rider in our league .have him in my team any day of the week

You did - and you swapped him for a Pole who no longer wants to ride here :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

No I in team though! ;) I think the reserves will be the key to it. 

48 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We all have a life outside of speedway not just you. 

Absolutely. I have a 15 year old daughter and spend the maximum possible time with her. Out to the cinema this afternoon and taking her to  her favourite resteraunt afterwards. Off to the Italian alps next week with a couple of nights in Venice. Tenerife in January for a weeks flying with my mates. Back to Bassano Del Grappa in late March for a week then Annecy in June for a couple of weeks flying and sightseeing. No different to most people. Work hard, play hard, enjoy life. Happy days.

Sorry for being off topic but some things need to be said.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Meeting postponed to Tuesday evening 

Excellent call. Be able to watch England struggle in Bulgaria now.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely. I have a 15 year old daughter and spend the maximum possible time with her. Out to the cinema this afternoon and taking her to  her favourite resteraunt afterwards. Off to the Italian alps next week with a couple of nights in Venice. Tenerife in January for a weeks flying with my mates. Back to Bassano Del Grappa in late March for a week then Annecy in June for a couple of weeks flying and sightseeing. No different to most people. Work hard, play hard, enjoy life. Happy days.

Sorry for being off topic but some things need to be said.

Why does it need to be said...........

You insinuate on here many times that only 'true' fans go every week rather than those that dont or those who watch it on updates

I put my point across to you as to why i cant go as much as i want to yet you still feed the need to have a pop about me not going.

I am divorced...........my ex wife has the children Mondays and Tuesdays.........i have them Wednesdays and Thursdays..........then we alternate between Friday , Saturday and Sunday

It may have skipped your notice but Ipswich ride at home on Thursdays....meaning if i want to go then i have to get a babysitter.and with the limited time i have my children then im not going to do that to often.

Ive been 5 times this season and one of those was Bank Holiday Monday against Kings Lynn, and twice more when the children were abroad with their mum. The other 2 times i got a babysitter which i would have done for the second leg of the semi final on the Thursday but on Saturday i could not go

If you are in the position where you are able to go to every match home and away then lucky you..................it doesnt mean that those of us that dont arent real supporters......we just have other more important things going on in our lives. I also finish work at 6pm (if im lucky) so to then get to Foxhall which is an hour away anyway is a rush at times and a night at speedway with fuel costs me £50 and im not going to do that every week when i have more important things to spend it on.

Not going doesnt make me anymore less of a fan than you are.

Back in the late 80's i used to go Ipswich on Thursdays, Hackney Fridays, Arena Saturdays and Rye House Sundays 

I will be going to the home leg of the final if it falls on a Monday or Tuesday or a weekend when ive not got the children.....other than that they come first

And if by magic another Gavan essay, when I didn’t even mention him it wasn’t aimed at him or anything about him. I suppose we are going to get another essay responding to this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent call. Be able to watch England struggle in Bulgaria now.:rolleyes:

Not brilliant for me, I will be stuck at work! They had no choice though really, was awful yesterday, not been great today and the forecast for tomorrow is absolute pants.

3 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Not brilliant for me, I will be stuck at work! They had no choice though really, was awful yesterday, not been great today and the forecast for tomorrow is absolute pants.

Unfortunate if you have to be elsewhere on Tuesday. Was never likely to go ahead Monday with this terrible weather.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunate if you have to be elsewhere on Tuesday. Was never likely to go ahead Monday with this terrible weather.

Can't be helped though Steve, money has to be earned and I couldn't book Tuesday (or Wednesday/Saturday, my other work evenings)  or do a swap on a could rain scenario..I'd end up with no wages with all the rain we've had!