British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

40 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why does it need to be said...........

You insinuate on here many times that only 'true' fans go every week rather than those that dont or those who watch it on updates

I put my point across to you as to why i cant go as much as i want to yet you still feed the need to have a pop about me not going.

I am divorced...........my ex wife has the children Mondays and Tuesdays.........i have them Wednesdays and Thursdays..........then we alternate between Friday , Saturday and Sunday

It may have skipped your notice but Ipswich ride at home on Thursdays....meaning if i want to go then i have to get a babysitter.and with the limited time i have my children then im not going to do that to often.

Ive been 5 times this season and one of those was Bank Holiday Monday against Kings Lynn, and twice more when the children were abroad with their mum. The other 2 times i got a babysitter which i would have done for the second leg of the semi final on the Thursday but on Saturday i could not go

If you are in the position where you are able to go to every match home and away then lucky you..................it doesnt mean that those of us that dont arent real supporters......we just have other more important things going on in our lives. I also finish work at 6pm (if im lucky) so to then get to Foxhall which is an hour away anyway is a rush at times and a night at speedway with fuel costs me £50 and im not going to do that every week when i have more important things to spend it on.

Not going doesnt make me anymore less of a fan than you are.

Back in the late 80's i used to go Ipswich on Thursdays, Hackney Fridays, Arena Saturdays and Rye House Sundays 

I will be going to the home leg of the final if it falls on a Monday or Tuesday or a weekend when ive not got the children.....other than that they come first

Things have to be said because you go on endlessly about your life outside of speedway, most of us don't see the need to mention it. 

• Like 1

Always gonna be winners and losers. I can now go Ippo on Tuesday and kent on monday week for the NL final.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Always gonna be winners and losers. I can now go Ippo on Tuesday and kent on monday week for the NL final.

Me too Tony!

Not sure what BT Sport are going to do re scheduling on Tuesday- still on SKY planner for tomorrow and Tuesday has the rerun scheduled for 8pm on BT Sport 2 with live sport on the other channels(apart from the ESPN/BT channel.) - could be a long parade !!!!!

Edited by racers and royals

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Always seem to be shutting that bridge. 

Thanks for info

Did Shovlar actually make it home after the semi final? Perhaps he is still under it ;):P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Did Shovlar actually make it home after the semi final? Perhaps he is still under it ;):P

:rofl::t::rofl:

How many times are Ipswich fans gonna mention Poole on a thread which is not about them?!!! So weird. Guess your team is not worth talking about? Ipswich have made it to a final and they just wanna talk about Poole and one of their fans :blink: :blink:

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

How many times are Ipswich fans gonna mention Poole on a thread which is not about them?!!! So weird. Guess your team is not worth talking about? Ipswich have made it to a final and they just wanna talk about Poole and one of their fans :blink: :blink:

Weirdo fans on other teams threads eh.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Weirdo fans on other teams threads eh.

Like you, yes! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Like you, yes! 

My team isn't around anymore so i shall contribute wherever i choose thanks..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

My team isn't around anymore so i shall contribute wherever i choose thanks..

Yes you weirdos need to stick together! I'll leave you lot to talk about Poole and their fans on a Ipswich vs Swindon thread!! Lol, idiots :D