British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

5 minutes ago, crazysue said:

but I'm not singing yet......

You're not trying to say you're........ :oops:

I'm too much of a gentleman to say it.

But I agree with the sentiment. It ain't over till it's over.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Just now, False dawn said:

You're not trying to say you're........

I'm too much of a gentleman to say it.

But I agree with the sentiment. It ain't over till it's over.

Oh yes, I'm the fat lady....not sure if that should be :D or :sad:

Just now, crazysue said:

Oh yes, I'm the fat lady....not sure if that should be :D or :sad:

Oh well. As long as you can sing! :D

Just now, False dawn said:

Oh well. As long as you can sing! :D

That is a matter of opinion :D

2 minutes ago, crazysue said:

If it helps I am tone deaf!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, crazysue said:

We'll get Greg back next year to act as a judge. He was always quoting that phrase and the CO did get a real large boned lady to sing at the end of his testimonial at Brandon more a few years ago.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Twice now not pulled back. 

No it would have been far better for all viewers. Poole would have put up a better fight than dull and flat Ipswich and also there would be no neutrals watching!

Are you still playing your favourite record by The Verve “ Bitter Sweet Symphony” Poole are not in the final get over it, if it is so predictable stop watching as you don’t care who wins anyway.

Swindon would beat any of the other three teams in the playoffs.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, False dawn said:

As mentioned more than once on the TV tonight, you have to admire the tenacity of Ellis Perks. Having followed his progress with both Leicester teams this year, I know him as one of those riders that rides hard for 4 laps in every race. 3 league titles in a single year is still very much on the cards. As I asked previously, would this be a first?

Learnt that at Rye House. 

Happy with the win but again the weather spoiled it for everyone and any home advantage the Witches could of had was gone.Overall well done to the Witches for having a great season  really worked hard and brightened up the league with there team spirit. Swindon for the last few years have gone the top heavy route in team building and this paid off today with winning and Batchelor still only scoring four points.As others have mentioned Perks has been superb even the other night scoring only a point or two battling for every lap he has made great strides in his career this year i hope he is a robin in 2020.

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

The track prep has been mentioned many times,,,, it's pretty clear how it is most of the time, they need to change the riders accordingly 

Yep fair point, there’s wasn’t really anything wrong with the track prep last night, it was lovely and smooth and consistent, just doesn’t suit our boys like that! 

need a largely different team next year if that’s the way moving forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, False dawn said:

A few good fights, good runs from the back, surprising heat wins, whatever, could make for good television even if Swindon have a hand (and a half) on the trophy.

There was very, very little of that in the first leg - racing I mean. UK league racing on TV shows itself up as exactly what it is ( regardless of what is at stake ) all over in the first 15 seconds of almsot every race. It is never going to play a part in rebuilding speedway as a well supported sport on the terraces. More likely to be a turn off from finding out where you local track is!

Yeah was lovely and smooth and all those sorts of things,,, and like you say, doesn't help nearly all our current riders. Maybe if Poole drop down we can take Klindt and josh off their hands. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

There was very, very little of that in the first leg - racing I mean. UK league racing on TV shows itself up as exactly what it is ( regardless of what is at stake ) all over in the first 15 seconds of almsot every race. It is never going to play a part in rebuilding speedway as a well supported sport on the terraces. More likely to be a turn off from finding out where you local track is!

That's what you get at Ipswich. Sometimes it's slightly better, but most of the time it's like that.  Until bikes are changed, that's what we gonna get

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Col said:

Good racing at Blunsdon? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hasn't happened at any televised meeting for 15 years at least.

That Ipswich team will struggle to get to 30.

We have had some great racing this season at the Abbey......Unfortunately when it's came to TV meeting's the opposition teams haven't been good enough to compete with us....I can't think who we last turned over on TV, can you? 

12 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

We have had some great racing this season at the Abbey......Unfortunately when it's came to TV meeting's the opposition teams haven't been good enough to compete with us....I can't think who we last turned over on TV, can you? 

Wolves :party: