Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

11 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

To be fair it is a sizeable stadium and i was expecting someone to come back with c12k for the capacity, perhaps I was deceived but I just didn't think it was 1/3 full, especially as a third of the stadium wasn't in use. 

I'm not convinced that stand hold 3500, is that definite? i can see it being 3500 seats across the 2 large stands but 1 wasn't in use.

Each stand holds 1500 apparently

Taken from Spedeworths own site

Foxhall International Raceway is situated off the A12 to Yarmouth. The track is a 382 metre tarmac oval and is the fastest and largest track that Spedeworth promotes. The track has a steel cable fence above an armco covered concrete wall. Foxhall Heath is the home to many of the major championships offered by Spedeworth, including the National Banger World Final and the National Hot Rod World Championship at the annual Spedeweekend event. The facilities at Foxhall include a covered seated grandstand and concrete stepped terracing, as well as our 2 new fantastic 1,500 seater grandstands on the back straight.

• Thanks 1

I'm heading out now for the 2nd leg but wanted to post this before I go......I'm not looking to knock the Ipswich support just trying to validate my own opinion, I'd have said there was 2-2500 there which ins't a bad a crowd at all and I'm not sure Swindon will get that tonight, it's just a sad sign of the times when 2500 is deemed to be an incredible crowd.