British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well done to Swindon. A little unfair on here saying the Witches boys were “going through the motions” and Swindon “wanted it more”. Don’t agree. Swindon are simply just too strong. 

Every pairing that came out looks a potent one. They’ll be worthy champions without doubt. 

Agree very worthy champions. Ipswich represent abject failures. They do deserve criticism given the manager who is not a motivator failed to instil any fight in a team that are mostly also rans. A spectacular failure as a final and from a T V event. The only chance Ipswich have is if most of the Swindon team cannot get to the stadium on Thursday. Feel sorry for the Swindon supporters who would have wanted a challenge to finish off the league season not a submission which is likely.

• Like 2

In Sweden in 2017 Smederna were massive underdogs against Vetlanda in the final. They lost home leg 41-49 then won away at Vetlanda the next night 54-36

• Like 2

This is the best Swindon team I've seen, better than 2012 and 2017.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thought NKI was unfortunate not to come away with a paid 14pts.Had it not been for the re-runs he would have.Clear in both but that's the way it goes.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thought NKI was unfortunate not to come away with a paid 14pts.Had it not been for the re-runs he would have.Clear in both but that's the way it goes.

Fair comment. His general form since he was signed for Ipswich hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Having said that Swindon have been very solid and deserved the win.

Just now, severnsider said:

In Sweden in 2017 Smederna were massive underdogs against Vetlanda in the final. They lost home leg 41-49 then won away at Vetlanda the next night 54-36

For that to happen the Witches would need some Polish riders to be drafted into the team or Leon Madsen to have nothing better to do with Emil and Artem at reserve. Sadly the reality is damaged limitation for Ipswich or should I say set a target of plus 30 points in the next leg to avoid total embarrassment. 

10 minutes ago, Aviator said:

My comment was very light hearted. We were never going to be in the finals with riders like that in the team. I wonder if Jackass has had his ingrown ego, sorry toenail sorted!!

I certainly would be happy to see the back of him over the winter. Not half the ability of his elder brother.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I certainly would be happy to see the back of him over the winter. Not half the ability of his elder brother.

Not liking tricky tracks runs in the family though :P

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You come across so bitter. You say it's banter, but i'm not so sure. 

I am not bitter in the slightest. Why on earth should I be bitter?

As mentioned more than once on the TV tonight, you have to admire the tenacity of Ellis Perks. Having followed his progress with both Leicester teams this year, I know him as one of those riders that rides hard for 4 laps in every race. 3 league titles in a single year is still very much on the cards. As I asked previously, would this be a first?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

What are they meant to say?It's all over now don't bother watching Thursday:blink:

Well, if some people are too thick not to realise that for themselves, then perhaps they should! Just a bit of honesty and realism from broadcasters would be nice, for once!

8 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

This is the best Swindon team I've seen, better than 2012 and 2017.

No. Not IMO. The 2012 team would mop these up.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Disappointing result for Ipswich but few thought we would make the final. 

Not for the first time some left the gating gloves at home and why can't we ride the tight inside line with the exception of Lawson. The promoter was a inside line master! 

• Like 1

Ellis Perks was class...

Some Witches fans were an embarrassment 

Would only have Allen back from this years side on reflection tonight 

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich “old fogey” Witches. Men against boys. Trouble is the boys wanted it more.

Might be the old fogey but better than the Poole 'Young Aussies can't be arsed' pirates

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

To be honest I don’t have much time for him either. The catalyst for his riding skills was Darcy Ward. Once DW was out of the equation, Noddy was sadly doomed.