British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I think you will find though that they dont come from us Witches fans

I like to think we accept a defeat gracefully and realise we were outclassed by the leagues best team........no shame in that despite the Poole troll saying otherwise

Thought the ref got both decisions spot on (Ellis exclusion and Heeps)

No I don't for one minute think Witches fans are anything less than magnanimous in defeat anything but 

Edited by hagonshocker

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Have I missed something about Perks?  

Yes, he’s gutsy but he’s not much of a points scorer. Average 3.57.

I was thinking the same. 30 years ago youngsters like Loram, Screen, Dugard etc were scoring double figures and beating world class riders. Whereas Perks is nicking the odd point or 2 and people are going overboard with the praise.

Fair play the guy's a battler but keep things in perspective.

I guess it's a sign of how much British talent has fallen down the years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terry said:

I was thinking the same. 30 years ago youngsters like Loram, Screen, Dugard etc were scoring double figures and beating world class riders. Whereas Perks is nicking the odd point or 2 and people are going overboard with the praise.

Thought Perks likes to think of himself as an Aussie.

12 minutes ago, Terry said:

It's because Perks came into a position which was, basically, scoring nothing in every match. Swindon had a strong top 5, but the criticism was that their reserves couldn't beat and egg, and we were narrowly losing matches regualarly because our reserves couldn't beat anyone. Perks and Vissing came in and were scoring well against the other reserves, with Perks being a great crowd pleaser with is never say die effort.

Nobody is saying he is the next Loram or Screen.

Adam Ellis, however, just might be...?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

No its not ridiculous its just great team building

Rosco is the best there is at making team changes he has proved that over the years

Love some Poole morons going on about Ipswich being an embarrassment...................the team that knocked their own side out..........

Ipswich beaten by the best team no complaints 

At least this year is a proper final unlike last year

Gavan, you said 'morons' which is plural, more than one person, right? So apart from Steve what other Poole fan has said Ipswich are an embarrassment? 

12 minutes ago, Terry said:

I dont think its missing something about Perks....its the level he is.....a 3-4 pointer in the top league.

Where the praise is coming from is that he is a battler and at times comes out and beats some of the top boys and gives 110%

It would be similar to Sarjeant going out and beating the likes of Jensen or Ellis but he didnt do that

Perks is what he is and nobody is saying he is the next Loram or Screen.he isnt even the next Bewley or Lambert

But last night he battled and rode well and did better than he should have 

He wasnt signed to get 7 or 8 points but if he can away and score 5 or 6 then job done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

It's because Perks came into a position which was, basically, scoring nothing in every match. Swindon had a strong top 5, but the criticism was that their reserves couldn't beat and egg, and we were narrowly losing matches regualarly because our reserves couldn't beat anyone. Perks and Vissing came in and were scoring well against the other reserves, with Perks being a great crowd pleaser with is never say die effort.

Nobody is saying he is the next Loram or Screen.

Adam Ellis, however, just might be...?

100% correct

Im an Ipswich fan and cant believe people think others are going overboard on Perks..................came in to do a job and probably has surpassed expectations........nobody expects him to ride in the 1-5 and do what even Ellis is doing...............but he has helped turn Swindons season round no question

• Like 2

Working last night so had the luxury of being able to fast forward through all the chatter and BS, not a good meeting for the Witches, reminded me of Lakeside whenever the TV was there, all of a sudden the outside run would disappear and bang, home advantage taken a hit.

Swindon are the better team though, regardless of the league table, they are imo the strongest team in the league by far, excellence balance of squad.

I wont bother watching the second leg, its all over as meaningful contest now, Swindon will enjoy it and rightfully so but it wont be one for the neutrals.

51 minutes ago, mj82 said:

What makes you think Poole would push Swindon harder than Ipswich. You couldnt even beat Ipswich in the semi. Some Poole fans clearly have there heads stuck in the first bend ruts. 

It's my opinion we would have taken a lead to Swindon. Last home meeting against them we won by 10 and Jensen struggled. Only rain would have changed that. I could be way off, the joys of having an opinion which can't be proven! :)

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's my opinion we would have taken a lead to Swindon. Last home meeting against them we won by 10 and Jensen struggled. Only rain would have changed that. I could be way off, the joys of having an opinion which can't be proven! :)

Unless im missing something then the last home meeting you won 46-44 against Swindon............you had r/r for Worrall and Covatti with 6 rides at reserve and they had Newman guesting

You did win by 12 earlier in the season at home when Swindon had Lampart getting 0 and Zach having 6 rides for 1 point

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Unless im missing something then the last home meeting you won 46-44 against Swindon............you had r/r for Worrall and Covatti with 6 rides at reserve and they had Newman guesting

You did win by 12 earlier in the season at home when Swindon had Lampart getting 0 and Zach having 6 rides for 1 point

Ah yeah, 10 up after H13!! That ten point lead stuck in my mind for some reason. Lol.

With them being able to use a tactical too. So I still have we would have taken something to Swindon. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Doesn't matter a toss, your team bummed out at the semi final stage,,, so ain't taking Jack schnitzel anywhere. Suck it up buttercup 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Doesn't matter a toss, your team bummed out at the semi final stage,,, so ain't taking Jack schnitzel anywhere. Suck it up buttercup 

I fine with it. :) People are questioning my opinion and I am just answering them. Cos I am nice like that. I haven't said Ipswich don't deserve to be in the final or slated them in any way. I just feel hypothetically, we would have done better. But as I said I could be way off. Will never know though! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought Perks likes to think of himself as an Aussie.

Must admit I never knew that. Well he deserves even less praise in that case :lol: