British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 1st Leg - Ipswich v Swindon - 15/10

I'm sure at Swindon the inside will be the quickest way round again, so maybe a bit of savy is needed if miss the start or make the start. Very unlikely I know, but maybe just maybe someone may give it a go 

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

Were my eyes deceiving me, or did some old guy by the pits gate give Jason Doyle a shove when he returned to the pits after his first race spill?

I saw that too. JD did well to ignore him. Just as well it wasn't Claus on the receiving end! 

7 hours ago, Grachan said:

Were my eyes deceiving me, or did some old guy by the pits gate give Jason Doyle a shove when he returned to the pits after his first race spill?

17 minutes ago, dog said:

I saw that too. JD did well to ignore him. Just as well it wasn't Claus on the receiving end! 

He didn't shove him he put his hands out to gesture him to slow/ dismount (he had already ignored a similar gesture at the track gate

Riding a bike into the pits is not allowed - he should be warned and or fined

Of course his defence could be his ankle hurt so much he couldn't walk :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

The expected result last night as ive said all along Swindon are far ahead of any other side.

At least we made it to the final .......imagine Poole getting there and it being the most one sided match for a play off final ever...........

The pathetic ramblings of Shovlar are a joy to behold............never seen such a bitter and trolling poster on here in my life.......this is the man that said Swindon were to top heavy lol.........you can write what he knows about speedway on the back of a stamp

The final should be over now but lets hope we can keep the score respectable............

What a great manager Rosco is.....maybe the Poole bosses need to look at him and try and get him.

What a great season we have had though ...........beating and humiliating the title favourites in the semi final the boys can be proud............

Hope Poole drop down and we can convince Klindt and Josh to come to us

I think you will find Klindt and josh still like to win trophys, don't think they will be going to Ipswich 

• Haha 1

I don’t mind fans of other teams commenting on other matches but leave your own teams out of it, no club is bigger than the sport itself and that includes Poole, I am sure if my own team had not closed and had been in the Elite League, we might have been up there challenging but we were not, it’s dead and history, just move on, for most of you, your teams will have another crack at it next season, mine won’t, we might be lucky if we see the Hammers riding in some meaningless NL select event.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not that bad Holder never wins his first race

Or very few in the Play Offs. :wink:

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

1. If Poole were in the final Swindon would win but it would be far than one sided imo.

Comedy gold at its finest. :rofl:

7 hours ago, Odds On said:

Must of been one of the biggest crowds at Ipswich for many a season?

That’s Play Off speedway for you. Always brings out the crowds. Long live the Play Offs.

just catching up on last nights match. Expected more from the Witches. Yet again track conditions proving pivotal when weather this time of year proves havoc to home track advantage.

Time to get the Play Offs sorted mid September. We need the tracks and racing to be at there best.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My estimate would be 3500+ possibly 4

Even one of the Doyle put crew commented on "the amazing crowd" in the pits after (number and noise)

That seems a tad optimistic to me, whats the capacity at Foxhall? 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:36 PM, crazysue said:

Oh yes, I'm the fat lady....not sure if that should be :D or :sad:

Pleasingly Plump is more polite....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Weasel said:

That seems a tad optimistic to me, whats the capacity at Foxhall? 

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I was being conservative!

As Baldy states it could hold a lot lot more.

The main back straight stand holds 3500 alone - how many spaces do you see? There is then the concrete terracing that was 10 deep right round bends 1 and 2 as well as along the back straight below the stand and not forgetting the home straight stand

Now you've got me thinking I'm edging towards 4500 :t:

It’s pretty clear that folk who haven’t been to the Foxhole before just don’t appreciate how big a bowl it is. 

• Like 4

In the late 1980's on a sunday stock car  world championship final meeting there was 15.500 there which was higher than at Wimbledon with a Boris Becker tennis final

8 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

In the late 1980's on a sunday stock car  world championship final meeting there was 15.500 there which was higher than at Wimbledon with a Boris Becker tennis final

Interesting. What actual stock car formula was holding a world championship?

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was being conservative!

As Baldy states it could hold a lot lot more.

The main back straight stand holds 3500 alone - how many spaces do you see? There is then the concrete terracing that was 10 deep right round bends 1 and 2 as well as along the back straight below the stand and not forgetting the home straight stand

Now you've got me thinking I'm edging towards 4500 :t:

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s pretty clear that folk who haven’t been to the Foxhole before just don’t appreciate how big a bowl it is. 

To be fair it is a sizeable stadium and i was expecting someone to come back with c12k for the capacity, perhaps I was deceived but I just didn't think it was 1/3 full, especially as a third of the stadium wasn't in use. 

I'm not convinced that stand hold 3500, is that definite? i can see it being 3500 seats across the 2 large stands but 1 wasn't in use.